Noise from dash area

Got a new 13 Edge , only 1000 miles. Today started hearing noises at slow speeds while going over speed bumps or small bumps on the ground. It sounds like the sound a license plate makes when you play music loud and vibrates against the car. The sound is coming from under the dash, like where the pedals are at. Hard to explain. Anyone else have this?? Pissing me off that creaks are occurring only after a 1000 miles.

Thanks

• Like 1

Got a new 13 Edge , only 1000 miles. Today started hearing noises at slow speeds while going over speed bumps or small bumps on the ground. It sounds like the sound a license plate makes when you play music loud and vibrates against the car. The sound is coming from under the dash, like where the pedals are at. Hard to explain. Anyone else have this?? Pissing me off that creaks are occurring only after a 1000 miles.

Good evening, EspoMan!

I'm Todd, the new Ford Service rep. around these parts. Have you been to your Ford Dealer for diagnosis? I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager, who'll work directly with you to find a solution. Please send me a private message with your full name, best daytime contact info, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll get you two connected.

Todd

• Like 1

Good evening, EspoMan!

I'm Todd, the new Ford Service rep. around these parts. Have you been to your Ford Dealer for diagnosis? I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager, who'll work directly with you to find a solution. Please send me a private message with your full name, best daytime contact info, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll get you two connected.

Todd

Thank you Todd! I will be sending you a PM shortly. I started hearing it again today. Sounds like a rattle. Like something is loose under the dash near the steering or pedals.

Thank you Todd! I will be sending you a PM shortly. I started hearing it again today. Sounds like a rattle. Like something is loose under the dash near the steering or pedals.

Hi EspoMan,

You're quite welcome! I've escalated your case to you Regional CSM. I'm unable to send you a PM at the moment until I reach a certain number of posts. When I'm able to, I'll PM your case number. Until then, let me know if you have questions, and keep in mind your CSM will be reaching out to you. ;)

Todd

• 2 weeks later...

I have been experiencing the same problem since a month into my lease(October 2013) barely have 16000km and sound is from the dash, very annoying pitch sound. Took it to dealer but on the test ride wasn't able to duplicate. This happens while not 100% of the time enough to be driving my wife and I mad :doh:

Edited by chrisin Chambly

same problem here! i have 13 edge limited .

Have you been to your Ford Dealer for diagnosis, Jocelyn Castro? I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager.

Please send me a private message with your full name, best daytime contact info, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership.

Todd

The sound mine makes is a rattling sound. It only happens when I'm on really bumpy roads, which here in SoCal they're everywhere. Ford has been great in contacting me and setting up appointments. But honestly I know they will eventually have to take my dash apart to locate the problem and I don't think I want my dash taken apart. This really shouldn't be happening on a new car. Sad really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have this issue too. Dunno what it is

Have you been to the dealer for this concern, ravishingrocket? I'd like to connect you with your regional customer service manager, who is in the best position to assist. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and preferred servicing dealership.

Todd

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing happening with my 2013 Edge. The rattle is coming from the drivers side dash area. It is not all the time but Enough to drive me crazy. I haven't seen any solutions on here. Has anyone gotten resolution? So annoyed!!!!

Hey Pamela Blackwell Beals,

Welcome to the forum!

Let's turn your annoyance into happiness, I'd like to put you in touch with your regional customer service manager. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and preferred servicing dealership.

Edited by FordService

• 1 month later...

I just thought I would post in this thread to let people know how I ended up fixing the noise from under my dash. My '12 SE recently started getting the noise and after spending a long time trying to trace it to the dash, I realized it was coming from under the car. I decided since I have the warranty, it would be best to take it back to the dealership I bought it from. Dropped it off, and a couple hours later, got a call that it ended up being a broken exhaust clamp. Part was replaced under warranty, and never had the sound never came back. Not sure if thats everyone's problem, but maybe that will help narrow it down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same issue and when i tapped on the big black platic panel under the steering wheel i could make it happen, I took it to the dealer and we drove on a bumpy road and of course the sound would no duplicate however the mechanic said he heard noises, they fixed it I beleive by insulating the steering column as he said things attached to it could rattle and make noises. Hope this helps all who have this and hopefully this rattle you have is same as mine and yes 2013 SEL AWD.

Edited by Stoln

Hello,

My 13 Sel had a faint creak/rattle somewhere in the center dash/console. I couldn't pinpoint exactly where it was. I have a spray bottle of vinyl protectent, drilled a small hole in nozzle and incerted a straw from a PB blaster can. I shot the protectent in every nook and cranny I could find. So far so good.

Larry

Northern,In

post-26092-0-04789500-1404215330_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...