Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

13N02 - Extended Warranty Coverage on Brake Booster

Brake booster vacuum warranty

Best Answer Haz , 21 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

Attached as PDF...

Good luck!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   Psmudge1972

Psmudge1972

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:35 PM

Main failed without any apparent warning last night. Took it into the dealer where I bought the car and they replaced it under the extended warranty. No questions asked no $$ paid. 2011 Edge SEL with 56K miles.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#202 OFFLINE   tpm419419

tpm419419

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 904 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:31 AM

I have a 2016 with a bad booster. You would think this would be straightened out by now

#203 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,967 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

You have to wonder if Ford is squeezing the suppliers too much.   Throttle bodies, brake boosters...

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#204 OFFLINE   Christopher Rider

Christopher Rider

New Edge Member

• Facebook Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2012

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

Hi everyone, so my Ford edge just developed this issue. We took it to a dealer on our local auto shops advice and were told it wasn't eligible. After extensive research, it appears the repair was previously done by the previous owner. Is there any recourse for having this happen again? Unfortunately it was done 3 years ago so it doesn't seem to fall under that warranty.

#205 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 8,021 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

I would talk with Ford directly at their 800 number. Or contact @FordService on Twitter. They may do a goodwill gesture.
  • Christopher Rider likes this

#206 ONLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,580 posts
  • Region:Middle East

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

Hi everyone, so my Ford edge just developed this issue. We took it to a dealer on our local auto shops advice and were told it wasn't eligible. After extensive research, it appears the repair was previously done by the previous owner. Is there any recourse for having this happen again? Unfortunately it was done 3 years ago so it doesn't seem to fall under that warranty.

If were to try and find a workaround, I'd check if the previous replacement was done during the original 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty, if it was, then I'd argue that the 1st replacement was supposed to be covered by the original warranty & that this replacement would be the 1st under the extended warranty.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and Christopher Rider like this

#207 OFFLINE   Christopher Rider

Christopher Rider

New Edge Member

• Facebook Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2012

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:29 PM

That's a great idea. I will bring that up when I try to speak with the manager tomorrow

#208 ONLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,580 posts
  • Region:Middle East

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:32 PM

I just checked the program, it is clear as I suggested, the one-time repair under this program should be done after expiry of the original warranty:

SERVICE ACTION

If an affected vehicle displays this condition and is beyond the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, dealers are authorized to replace the brake booster under this one-time repair program. This repair must be performed at no charge to the vehicle owner.

#209 OFFLINE   Mccordck

Mccordck

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

Has anyone had luck with Ford repairing at no charge for a vehicle outside the build dates listed? I have a 2013 Edge that is 4/8/13. Getting ready to take it in, hoping Ford covers rather than extended warranty.

#210 OFFLINE   kflann23

kflann23

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. Like so many others my 2010 Edge had a bad booster.  Same symptoms as everyone else. I took it to the dealer but my vin# was not covered, and Ford confirmed the same. My Edge was built April 12, 2010 – a mere 3 weeks before the CSP went into effect… Was quoted at $550 installed for the booster replacement. Not looking forward to paying to have my brake booster replaced for the same service others were covered under warranty. As asked above, anyone had luck with Ford repairing at no charge for a vehicle outside the build dates listed?

#211 OFFLINE   6.0 bros

6.0 bros

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

UPDATE... My mothers Edge that has had this recall in 2014 again last week had the issue all over again. Ford dealer told us that Ford closed the recall and because work was done once would not be covered for a second time under recall even though it is within the timeline and under mileage. So, I did it myself. It wasn't difficult was worst of it was bleeding the brakes all the way around the vehicle. We have a video of it up on youtube channel is 6.0 bros entire project cost was about $200 that includes (booster, master cylinder, and new brake fluid) 

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#212 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 8,021 posts
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

If Ford won't cover it, file a complaint with NHTSA anyway.  Why?  Because the part should last more than 3 years, dang it!  You expect a quality repair and did not get one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brake, booster, vacuum, warranty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users