13N02 - Extended Warranty Coverage on Brake Booster

omar302

Dropping my Edge off for the repair, my car won’t get to a technician for several days, and no loaner cars are available.

Sitting here in near tears as a first responder wife who’s husband works 24+ hours at a time, and feeling stuck because this is a safety issue that is beyond my control and I can’t wait several more days to get into another dealership or months to wait for a loaner.

No loner available? 

Ask them to rent you an Enterprise car until yours is ready. I've done it twice, but you get the smallest, cheapest, little rattle box. But it's transportation. They will pick you up at the dealer and drop you off again when your car is ready. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My old Titanium had a bad booster and I took it to dealer to fix. Didn't fail, but it would throw you through the windshield if you weren't super easy on the pedal. Dealer said not defective. I told him to replace anyway, not risking the life of anyone in the car, warranty or no warranty. 

They ordered part at my expense. After install service manager said there was a new part number Rev B, and they covered it since it corrected the issue.

Don't risk lives over a part you know will fail, fix it and fight the company after if you must. Part and labor, back then, was less than tires.

• Like 1

OK, I may hold the record here for squeaking in under the 13N02 warranty wire -- 9 years and 11 months on my 2013 Edge LTD, just 1 month to go under the 13N02 extended warranty!  Four times the brake pedal went almost to the floor, always at low speed just a few feet from a stop sign or stoplight, and only when the right front wheel hit a pothole or washboard surface at that very spot. The car would stop but it took some extra distance and it wasn't a very confidence-building experience. Fortunately no one was in front of me on any of these occasions. The brakes would return to normal after the car sat for a while, apparently as pressure built back up in the booster. My local mechanic couldn't replicate the problem and said everything seemed normal, but he suggested going to the Ford dealer because he knew there was a TSB on this issue. The dealer verified that the booster was leaking vacuum, so he replaced it at no charge under 13N02. I'm so glad it failed when it did, because usually these kinds of problems come up the day after the warranty expires. Just under the wire, but I feel like I won the lottery! 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Welp brake booster went out but because my edge was built 7/13 it's not covered under the 13n02 extended warranty. So dumb they didn't include the whole year of 2013. $1200 down the drain. Tried calling ford customer services to see why they didn't include, and gdluck. I got someone on the phone that hadn't a clue what I was trying to tell them. 

• 3 months later...

Program 13N02's Brake Booster warranty extension coverage has been incrementally expanded to a larger population of 2013-2014 Edge/MKX vehicles and a Refund program for owner-paid Brake Booster replacements to vehicles in the expanded population is available through December 31, 2023.

For full information, see...

Customer Satisfaction Program 13N02, Supplement # 2 - Certain 2010-2014 Model Year Edge and MKX Vehicles - Extended Warranty Coverage on Brake Booster (10 Year/150,000 miles)

Good luck!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Program 13N02's refunds for past owner-paid repairs to incremental population 2013 & 2014 Edge/MKX vehicles is being extended to April 30, 2024.

Updated letters to owners of incremental population 2013 & 2014 Edge/MKX vehicles will be mailed the week of March 18, 2024.

For more information, see...

Customer Satisfaction Program 13N02, Supplement # 3 - Certain 2013-2014 Edge/MKX Vehicles - Extended Warranty Coverage on Brake Booster (10 Year/150,000 miles) ** Refund program for owner-paid repairs extended thru April 30, 2024 **

Good luck!

Edited by Haz
  • Like 2