What to expect at 200,000+ miles

macbwt

First two days out and 450 miles on the Cinnamon Metallic. Averaged 24mpg. Not a big fan of the Hancook tires. I like the Bridgestone Dueller Ecopias better. The Bridgestones are much quieter and smoother. The ride was pretty good considering the tires and I do enjoy the quietness (yep spelling police are gonna hunt me down) The rotors in city driving did not feel all that warped. I however discover how bad when I went to slow down at high speed and the vibration was much worse. I like smooth brakes and I am replacing them tomorrow with Autozone HIgh Carbon Steel painted rotors (four) and the top line ceramic pads with the clip kit and grease.

• Like 1

Bad timing on the brake replacement today. Auto Skills Center was closed due to Hot Rod show. I did decide to just flush the transmission like I had done with the Orange Crush. Glad I did. That transmission fluid was terrible. Chocolate looking and thick. I can not see why anyone would go 150K on a transmission oil. 150 for a flush vice thousands for a new transmission.

Ā 

Changed the over 4 year old cabin air filters wait for the video to see what I found!!! If this does not make you run out and change it then you just don't care. All I can say is Wow.

• Like 1

Well folks I have decided to allow the orange crush following to end. The topics now have grown into the experiences of the two ford edge limiteds that I now have.

Ā 

I have started a new topic called Double Edged in this forum. If you wish to follow the Orange Crush's replacement and how it attempts to fill the shoes so to speak. Then take a look at the topic Double Edged.

Ā 

That's all folks!!!!

Ā 

This will be my last post on this topic as I believe the transition has been completed.

• 2 months later...

Just a follow up on closure for the Orange Crush. A friend had access to carfax and checked the vin. The orange crush has no record of registration or sale to another person or anything other than "SOLD" I can only assume ford motor company has made sure the orange crush never returned to market. RIP.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did you replace the front wheel bearings yourself or have someone else do them? my 2007 Edge FWD has 107,000 miles now and I think my left front Wheel bearing is growling. I wish it was a bolt on hub/bearing assembly but it is Not...the wheel bearing is pressed in. I guess I will go ahead and get new tires first since one of them is noisy...used my spare wheel on left front to make sure it wasn't the tire causing the noise...noise was still there.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The successor to the Orange Crush is going to be moved to this thread. I fully expect Lullubelle (2011 Ford Edge Limited) to reach 200K miles by about June 2017. I am sure the there will be some interesting repairs. I can say both have had their issues, but not the same issues.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Getting ready to start back up with my 2nd Ford Edge to hit 200,000 miles. Currently at 195,000 miles. Ford is sending me a sticker for the High mileage club.

Ā 

My 2011 Edge has had a few issues before getting to this point:

Here is what the status currently is for repairs.

Ā 

New alternator (motorcraft)

New battery (Odyssey Extreme AGM)

New Coils and plugs (motorcraft)

New PCV (duralast)

New belts ( Gates)

New APIM (ford warranty replacement)

New Purge valve (changed before it failed) caught the issue developing so I changed it. (motorcraft)

Ā 

Standard fluids change: Oil, Trans, Power steering, brakes, coolant Etc. (various brands and synthetic)

Ā 

New shocks and struts. (KYB)

Strut mounts (motorcraft)

New sway bar links (Moog)

New drivers side window (2) (No idea of brand)

Ā 

Only one slight bumper scrape accident at 75 mph. Otherwise no accidents.

Can attain 110Mph so runs great.

Rotors and pads have only been changed once. (Autozone Duralast Gold and Duralast Ceramic)

Currently on third set of plugs (motorcraft)

Air filter (AEM dry filter) not cleaned and running for 80K miles so far.

Headlights converted to HID

Interior lights converted to LED's

Wheels chrome cladding removed and painted to match body color

Ā 

This Edge is pretty much OEM at this time so let's see what the future holds in the follow up to the Orange Crush and it's legacy.

• Like 1