sct tunner is it worth it, dose it make the car a lil quicker

jmoney23

I am sure SCT doesn't endorse the edge tune on a mkx due to it still being a slightly different vehicle and they can not predict what will happen good or bad.

liability.

I would think the logic between the Edge and the Mkx is slightly different. vehicles have different intended markets. And of course the ECU will adjust for the drivers habits (to a point). When I first got mine, an old lady must have drove it and never used the power.

from Torrie:

Most approach me to increase power and later transmission function. While I can increase MPG I am not sure by how much since I have not focused on that one goal.

I stock the SCT X4 with custom tune for $ 399

the 21mpg is per my gauge not something I have calculated.

even then it feels off.

in the city it is horrible mpg. my f350 dually feels like it gets better mpg.

Ford USA needs to up their game. Ford Eu and other manufactures have been getting way better mpg for a long time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just installed a custom tune on my 2012 3.5 Ford Edge.

I got the SCT X4 and the 87 octane performance tune from torrie@unleashedtuning.com. I really like the improved performance especially the part throttle performance that I experience in normal driving. My Edge is much quicker with much improved throttle response.

Before installing this tune, I hated the delay and lack of urgency that I got from trying to accelerate moderately when in traffic. That is now gone! When I make small throttle changes now the engine responds with enthusiasm.

After I get some driving time in I will report back with any changes in fuel economy.

• Like 1

I just installed a custom tune on my 2012 3.5 Ford Edge.

I got the SCT X4 and the 87 octane performance tune from torrie@unleashedtuning.com. I really like the improved performance especially the part throttle performance that I experience in normal driving. My Edge is much quicker with much improved throttle response.

Before installing this tune, I hated the delay and lack of urgency that I got from trying to accelerate moderately when in traffic. That is now gone! When I make small throttle changes now the engine responds with enthusiasm.

After I get some driving time in I will report back with any changes in fuel economy.

Awesome... Thank you for the response. Can't wait to hear additional details, especially if you up the octane and tune....

Jason

Awesome... Thank you for the response. Can't wait to hear additional details, especially if you up the octane and tune....

Jason

It runs so good on 87 that I may not try a higher octane tune. Time will tell. I may get use to the extra sense of urgency in acceleration and want even more in the future. I will post gas mileage info in the future.

My Edge is really fun to drive with this tune.

Lee

• 3 weeks later...

It runs so good on 87 that I may not try a higher octane tune. Time will tell. I may get use to the extra sense of urgency in acceleration and want even more in the future. I will post gas mileage info in the future.

My Edge is really fun to drive with this tune.

Lee

The 87 octane tune gets about the same mileage as the factory tune.

I just installed the 91 octane tune and wow what a difference in torque at very light throttle. I like this much better than the 87 octane tune.

• 2 weeks later...

I own a 2012 Ford Edge 3.5 and I recently purchased a SCT X4 and a 87 and 91 octane tune from Torrie at Unleashed Tuning. I started off with the 87 tune and I could really feel the a boost in power with it. I ran it for 2 tanks of fuel and then tried the 91 octane tune and it was perfect!

In normal traffic the 87 octane tune would start to pull hard just about the time that the transmission shifted. I considered getting Torrie to delay the shift points but decided to try the 91 octane tune first. Gas mileage was about like the stock Ford tune.

In normal traffic the 91 octane tune pulls hard with very light applications of throttle. The throttle response is really great and very linear. Driving in traffic is a pleasure now due to the stronger performance of the engine at low RPMs. In my opinion, this is the way this car should have been tuned from Ford. It is perfect. I just finished the 2nd tank and the fuel mileage is the same or maybe slightly better than in the past. The car rarely feels like it is in the wrong gear any more due to the increase torque at low RPMs. With gas prices where they are now I am paying about $5 more per tank to run 91 octane but because the car is so much more fun to drive now I consider this to be a small price to pay for the added performance.

Torrie responds to emails very quickly. torrie@unleashedtuning.com

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Just wanna add my experience with the SCT x4 tuner I just bought from unleashed tuning.com after researching. I bought from them bc it they give you a tune with it and everyone spoke so highly of Torrie. It was all true.

I love it! I got the 93 Octane performance tune from Torrie at unleashed and it's sick. Night and day transformation. SO much more torque and acceleration! Totally changes how the car drives. So much fun to drive now. HIGHLY RECOMMEND GETTING ONE!

• Like 1