extended warranty need help!

What he said. ^^^^^.

It wasn’t a dig at you so much as frustration with companies who operate like that. I understand that it’s easier and I don’t blame you - I was just pointing out the problem with those business practices and explaining why I don’t like to do business that way. In the end it’s your money and your time so it’s up to you. But I hope everyone will consider what I said the next time that happens.

As for being a moderator, I’m only a moderator when someone posts spam or there are personal attacks. The rest of the time I’m just a member like you.

Moderators are people, too. :)

• Like 2

This irritates me to no end. Why would you give them your money after they just tried to overcharge you so much? If theyre willing to sell it for $1310 after you showed them the price from the other guys they should have been willing to sell it for that before.

What the market will bear. My company has several different hourly rates. We will match our competitors (if we have to), else the rate is the rate. Simple business.

What the market will bear. My company has several different hourly rates. We will match our competitors (if we have to), else the rate is the rate. Simple business.

But what is the difference between your highest and lowest rate? Is your highest rate 50% higher than your lowest rate? If I told you I was shopping around and you had one chance which rate would you quote me?

BTW I wasn't saying that the company was wrong, just that I wouldn't do business with a company that tries to charge me $2400 for something I can get elsewhere for $1300. And I have no problem with them charging $2400 for those who want to pay it.

I just don't like saying the price is $2400 if you're not smart enough to shop around, but if you are that smart and you do shop around we'll only charge you $1300.

But what is the difference between your highest and lowest rate? Is your highest rate 50% higher than your lowest rate? If I told you I was shopping around and you had one chance which rate would you quote me?

Actually it's over 100%. If you came to me and asked for a quote, I would find out which of my competitors you're with, and beat that price. If your new, I would find our who else you talked to and set a profit potential.

Warranties are based on history and sales margins.

Thats certainly your right to do business that way, but if I found out you were charging some people double for the same exact job based on whether they got other quotes or not I would definitely not do business with you.

We don't sell a product. We sell a service. If you think it's not common, your fooling yourself.

I don’t see the difference and I know it’s common. That doesn’t change how I feel about the practice.

I apologize for bringing this up in the first place - I t’s just a huge pet peeve of mine. But it’s totally off topic so let’s just drop it.

Sorry... you're wrong. Being a moderator (I am a moderator on a couple of other forums) doesn't mean you can't express an opinion. Moderators are people who are active in the community and agree to take on the added responsibility of monitoring the forums (for free). Besides, nothing he said was a dig at you, just comments on how he treats similar situations. Your are free to do the same thing or do your own thing. Perhaps starting with getting a thicker skin.

I applaud akirby for the even handed way he has handled the situations that have needed it and he is a knowledgeable member of this community. We don't always agree but that's part of the purpose of a forum. If everyone agreed on everything it would get awfully boring in here.

When enigma-2 said the same thing in post #9 and akirby said nothing (which was correct) and then when I post he seems to jump all over me, then I believe that it is a dig on me. If it bothers him so much that business charge a higher price then reduce it to match he should have said something when enigma-2 posted. but actually he should have said nothing at all to either of us. We were just posting to let people know what happen to us on this topic.

TheWizard - about thicker skin, if someone single's you out verse another person I bet you would have said something back.

It would be great if all company only charged a fair price for their product but that's not the world we live in.

I'm done with this topic since I have my warranty and stated what occurred in getting it.

Post #9 didn’t say anything about being offered the warranty at a higher price - he just asked them to match the other prices. Maybe their regular prices were already close to the online prices.

Either way I apologize for bringing it up. Like I said it’s just a personal pet peeve having been on the losing side of that equation in the past. Perhaps not coincidentally both of those businesses went out of business within a few years.

Actually it's over 100%. If you came to me and asked for a quote, I would find out which of my competitors you're with, and beat that price. If your new, I would find our who else you talked to and set a profit potential.

Warranties are based on history and sales margins.

I'm curious... you wouldn't be talking about insurance would you? I find it very annoying that I can save money every year if I switch insurance companies because they always offer a better price to customers who switch than to loyal customers who renew. I wouldn't even mind if the renewal was a reasonable increase but they seem to want to catch up the profits they lost in enticing me to switch. I guess they see many customers just don't bother shopping around every time so they can get away with large premium increases that have nothing to do with driving record or any factors other than profit.

I haven't tried it but would it be worth shopping around then asking my current insurer to quote based on competitor rates (rather than just switching to one of the competitors)?

• 1 month later...

Will PremiumCare Extended Warranty cover:

1) Taillight condensation issues?

2) Panoramic sunroof issues?

3) if interior plastic & leather wears out? e.g. armrest top upholstery

1. I don't think it will unless the condensation is really bad. The owners manual discusses what's "normal" condensation and that Ford does not consider it a "problem". Standing water is a different story.

2. Broken glass, no, excluded even under factory warranty. Broken mechanism probably. Ive read that some were denied and some were replaced. Depending on what issue your having. I seem to remember reading that Ford add a procedure in the owners manual to clean and lubricate the tracks. So there is a question as to how much we are responsible for keeping the tracks clean and lubricated.

3. Interior wear, no. Too many variables for Ford to cover.

I used my ESP for vacuum hose, seat lumbar mechanism, some part on the engine that no one seemed to know what it really did, road service (Lincoln send out a wrecker to change my tire), new PTU and a few other things. I'm down to a powertrain warranty now (basecare), mainly to cover a water pump failure (and one CV joint that has a small leak).

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 2

The plan details exactly what is and isn’t covered - go read the fine print online.

I don’t think the vista roof is covered at all but not 100% sure.

Great point. I was looking over the link WWW posted and it's really obscure.

There no reference to moon roof, Vista or anything like that, but there is "• Panel Assembly Roof", "• Housing Assembly Roof Slide"; "• Rail Roof Sliding Panel"; "• Guide - Sun Roof Cable" & "• Handle Roof on Glass". So I still have no idea if it's covered or just select parts.

Out of curiosity, I looked at my original build sheet and the only thing I can find close to a "moon roof" was "With High Series Open Air Roof".

Clear and simple! It's covered if we say it is.

• Like 1

how much of a hit do you take for opting out of a ESP plan? Just bought a used 2017 SEL edge Friday and got talked into a plan (my bad I know better) 5/60k for $2500. The car has 21.500 on it. After looking at these numbers on this thread I feel I got hosed and want to cancel, I know I can cancel anytime (that's what the sales rep said at least) but how will I take a beating and is there a grace period to back out? Would it change my monthly payment or just the final numbers thanks

Edit: forgot to mention it was the Premium ESP bumper to bumper

Edited by diesel97

Q: Can I cancel my Ford ESP?

A: Yes. All Ford ESP contracts can be canceled for a full refund within 30 days (if you have not used any aspect of the plan). Beyond 60 days, you will receive a pro-rated refund from Ford Motor Company. To cancel a Ford ESP you must call the dealership where you purchased the contract. If the dealership is unable to help you please call Ford Motor Company at 1-800-367-3377. This website can only assist in cancelling contracts purchased via this website.

http://www.troy-ford-extended-warranty.com/Ford-Extended-Warranty-Questions-s/2581.htm

• Like 2

Assuming the car still has balance of warranty (as a 2017 model with only 21,500 miles), the ESP plan will cover a total of 5 years/ 60,000 miles from date of original service by the first retail purchaser - not from the end of the factory warranty. That means the $2500 is actually buying only 2 years / 24,000 miles beyond the factory warranty. In that case, $100 per month seems a little steep.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...