extended warranty need help!

Before you go to the dealer, go online aND get at least three quotes from on-line dealers. Run it for both Premium Care and Extra Care. Pick the best quote and then take THAT one to your dealer. Call ahead and make an appointment with the dealers comptroller (VP or whoever handles the money). Allow him to present his offers and then tell him you looked on line and show him the quote(s) you printed out. (He will match as he knows you can buy the warranty from any authorized dealer.) My dealer's agent took a deep breath and immediately said he would match the price. I hesitated, looked at my watch, and he offered $0 deductible if I had the work done at their garage ($100 elsewhere). I also agreed to an inspection to verify that there was no exiting defects. Cost was $100. I agreed but insisted that the inspection be done only by the Service Manager (after all he's the best mechanic in the garage). He agreed and I signed. Inspection is usually mandatory and expect to pay 1 hour over and above the cost of the warranty. (I actually wanted a full inspection to see if anything was wrong as I was still under a Premium Care plan).

• Like 1