Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 9,144 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:05 PM

http://www.factorypl...PlanOptions.pdf

• t0lkman likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 3,294 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2009

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:40 PM

The plan details exactly what is and isn’t covered - go read the fine print online.

I don’t think the vista roof is covered at all but not 100% sure.

Great point. I was looking over the link WWW posted and it's really obscure. 

There no reference to moon roof, Vista or anything like that, but there is "• Panel Assembly Roof", "• Housing Assembly Roof Slide"; "• Rail Roof Sliding Panel"; "• Guide - Sun Roof Cable" & "• Handle Roof on Glass". So I still have no idea if it's covered or just select parts.

Out of curiosity, I looked at my original build sheet and the only thing I can find close to a "moon roof" was "With High Series Open Air Roof".

Clear and simple! It's covered if we say it is.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#43 OFFLINE   diesel97

diesel97

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 01 July 2018 - 04:52 PM

how much of a hit do you take for opting out of a ESP plan? Just bought a used 2017 SEL edge Friday and got talked into a plan (my bad I know better) 5/60k for $2500. The car has 21.500 on it. After looking at these numbers on this thread I feel I got hosed and want to cancel, I know I can cancel anytime (that's what the sales rep said at least) but how will I take a beating and is there a grace period to back out? Would it change my monthly payment or just the final numbers thanks

Edit: forgot to mention it was the Premium ESP bumper to bumper 

Edited by diesel97, 01 July 2018 - 05:14 PM.

#44 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:46 PM

Q: Can I cancel my Ford ESP?

A: Yes. All Ford ESP contracts can be canceled for a full refund within 30 days (if you have not used any aspect of the plan). Beyond 60 days, you will receive a pro-rated refund from Ford Motor Company. To cancel a Ford ESP you must call the dealership where you purchased the contract. If the dealership is unable to help you please call Ford Motor Company at 1-800-367-3377. This website can only assist in cancelling contracts purchased via this website.

http://www.troy-ford...ions-s/2581.htm
  • WWWPerfA_ZN0W and diesel97 like this

#45 OFFLINE   t0lkman

t0lkman

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 190 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:None

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:40 PM

Just bought from http://floodfordesp.com/ 100k/8year PremiumCare warranty for $1770. Let's see if they don't disappoint me...

Edited by t0lkman, 01 July 2018 - 08:41 PM.

#46 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:03 PM

Not a bad price, you planning to keep the car for 8 years? Also improves the resale value. Should have no problems getting a refund, part of the Ford contract.

#47 OFFLINE   TheWizard

TheWizard

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 883 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:32 PM

Assuming the car still has balance of warranty (as a 2017 model with only 21,500 miles), the ESP plan will cover a total of 5 years/ 60,000 miles from date of original service by the first retail purchaser - not from the end of the factory warranty.  That means the $2500 is actually buying only 2 years / 24,000 miles beyond the factory warranty.  In that case, $100 per month seems a little steep.

#48 OFFLINE   rbryant76

rbryant76

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:53 PM

So I am going to another dealer tomorrow to look at a 18 sport awd

I looked at the Flood dealer premium care. Pricing is damn near 3,000 for a 8 year 150,000. That sounds pretty darn high.

Edited by rbryant76, 03 August 2018 - 10:30 PM.

#49 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:11 PM

A lot can fail in 8 years. You could aways go with a warranty that covered less. Premium Care covers over 1000 different items. Extra Care covers the important parts, engine, transmission, PTU, etc. and costs a lot less. (My 09 is currently under a Extra Care.)

#50 OFFLINE   rbryant76

rbryant76

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:20 PM

Whats the general plan most go with?

What models are people here getting quoted at 1700?

Edited by rbryant76, 03 August 2018 - 10:33 PM.

#51 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 11,032 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:39 PM

7 yr/100K is most common. I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone going higher than that although I’m sure there are a few.

#52 OFFLINE   rbryant76

rbryant76

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:03 AM

Thank for the prompt responses. This thread could save me a few hundred today when I hit th dealer.

#53 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:48 PM

Before you go to the dealer, go online aND get at least three quotes from on-line dealers. Run it for both Premium Care and Extra Care. Pick the best quote and then take THAT one to your dealer. Call ahead and make an appointment with the dealers comptroller (VP or whoever handles the money). Allow him to present his offers and then tell him you looked on line and show him the quote(s) you printed out. (He will match as he knows you can buy the warranty from any authorized dealer.) My dealer's agent took a deep breath and immediately said he would match the price. I hesitated, looked at my watch, and he offered $0 deductible if I had the work done at their garage ($100 elsewhere). I also agreed to an inspection to verify that there was no exiting defects. Cost was $100. I agreed but insisted that the inspection be done only by the Service Manager (after all he's the best mechanic in the garage). He agreed and I signed. Inspection is usually mandatory and expect to pay 1 hour over and above the cost of the warranty. (I actually wanted a full inspection to see if anything was wrong as I was still under a Premium Care plan).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users