SCT X4?

Whiteknight08

So I am guessing this is the new one huh. only difference is that it has WiFi capabilities so you dont have to plug it into your usb computer.

http://www.autoanything.com/performance-chips/sct-x4-power-flash-programmer-49-state-legal

• For high-octane performance, tune your ride with the high-tech SCT X4 Power Flash Programmer (49-State Legal)
  • Preloaded with an impressive set of dyno-proven and track-tested tunes for your year, make and model
  • The easiest way to crank up your horsepower, boost torque and enhance throttle response
  • Create and store up to 10 custom tunes optimized for your particular driving style
  • Offers a wide range of adjustability to critical vehicle parameters, including rev limiter, shift points, idle speed and more (varies by vehicle)
  • Increases fuel efficiency when you’re not pushing the pedal to the metal
  • The SCT X4 Power Programmer features a smaller, more ergonomic design compared to the X3
  • Easy-to-read full color LCD screen that runs in landscape and portrait modes
  • Auto-dimming for optimal contrast night and day
  • Logs and displays PCM data in real-time while you drive, or review your runs at home using SCT’s LiveLink software
  • Connects to your computer via built-in WiFi for easy updating
  • Equipped with two analog inputs
  • Measures 2.75” by 5.5”
  • Street legal in all states except California
  • Your SCT X4 Power Flash Programmer (49-State Legal) includes a 1-Year Warranty

Description

The digital revolution has just arrived on your dashboard. Celebrate technology at its finest with a SCT X4 Power Flash Programmer (49-State Legal), the most innovative tuner in the SCT lineup. More compact and ergonomic than the X3, the X4 boasts a brilliant full-color LCD display that puts huge horsepower, torque and throttle response gains right at your fingertips.

Packed with dyno-proven tunes tailor made for your ride, the SCT X4 Tuner unleashes your full performance potential. But that’s just the beginning. With full control over a wide range of critical engine parameters, you can built and store up to 10 custom tunes for any situation, from towing trailers up steep grades to passing slowpokes on the highway.

You don’t have to get your hands dirty installing the SCT X4 Flash Tuner. Just plug it into your OBD-II port, follow the on-screen prompts and you’re ready for action. Plus, it doubles as a digital gauge set, giving you real-time readouts of all your key speed stats. And with WiFi built in, you can update your X4 without ever connecting it to your PC. It even comes with a 1-Year Warranty.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The X4 didn't work on my 2011 sport. And I spent 3 hours on the phone with Sct support and kept getting a error.

I am returning it for the SF3 3015 which I have seen someone on here use on they're 2011 sport.

I have a custom tune from mpt. They are gonna change the serial for me on the tune.

I will let you know how it works out.

I'm very interested in what you experience thru this process. I am out so much money and even damaged my relationship with the manager of my Ford dealership over the SCT Tuner and trying to get one loaded up on my 2011 Sport. Anything you can pass on would be of great help. I just don't want to throw even more money at this situation without knowing I'm not going to have ANY of the same experiences as I had back in 2013 when I was trying the original tune. Thanks again for the update.

The X4 didn't work on my 2011 sport. And I spent 3 hours on the phone with Sct support and kept getting a error.

SCT does do a lot of firmware updates. But Support should have apprised you of that. What error were you seeing? And your Edge isn't the latest model, so it should be well established in their database. The most problems I have seen are with the strategy code not being on the list, and a couple with actual hardware failure when these units were first released.

Also, if your Edge goes in for service at the dealership, from time to time, they may update ECU programming without your prior knowledge. So ALWAYS return your vehicle to stock tune prior to taking it in, and check the strategy code after you get it back. If the strategy code was updated, the tune needs to be updated prior to loading. (All of which I am presuming you did.)

Hope MPT can getcha squared away :)

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

So i got the SF3 3015 and then another custom tune from mpt for the new serial number. Tune went through fine this time but

when I started the car for the first time I get error code P060A with a yellow wrench on the dash. Idle is all over the place.

So email MPT back and they email me back another tune with some different parameters. Still same this P060A.

Return to stock and car runs fine no issues. Got a headache yet? I do. lol.

Mpt is out of the office till monday so have to wait till then. Don't 90% of the world work on they're cars on the weekend. Shouldn't they have sat hours?

Hope they can get it straightened out for you. Torrie is 24/7 (crazy guy) practically, don't know how he does it. Do you have any mods on your Edge that might need to be accounted for in the tune?

BTW, you are SURE they used the right strategy code? Worst case, PCM might need replacement.

From the FSM for 2007:

P060A - Internal Control Module Monitoring Processor Performance

Description: Indicates an error occurred in the powertrain control module (PCM). This DTC is set in combination with P2105.

Possible Causes:

• Software incompatibility issue
  • Damaged PCM

Diagnostic Aids: Verify the PCM is at the latest calibration level.

Application All

Continuous Memory GO to Pinpoint Test QE

QE18 CHECK FOR CORRECT PCM OPERATION

• Disconnect all the PCM connectors.
  • Visually inspect for:
    • pushed out pins
    • corrosion
  • Connect all the PCM connectors and make sure they seat correctly.
  • Carry out the PCM self-test and verify the concern is still present.

=============

PROM - Programmable Read Only Memory: Customer Interest
Engine Controls - MIL ON/DTC P060A/P061B/P0600/P2107

TSB 09-13-6

07/13/09

MIL ON WITH DTC P060A, P061B, P0600, P2107
AND/OR U0300

FORD:
2008-2009 Focus

ISSUE
Some 2008-2009 Focus vehicles may exhibit a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P060A (internal control module monitoring processor performance) or P061B (internal control module torque calculation performance) stored in the powertrain control module (PCM). DTC P0600 (serial communication link), P2107 (throttle actuator control module processor), and/or U0300 (internal control module software incompatibility) may also be present.

ACTION
Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release B61.10 and higher or B62.01 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2009.7 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at the website.

WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage

IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
091306A 2008-2009 Focus: Check 0.3 Hr.

For DTC1s And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With 12650D, 12651D, 12651D4)

DEALER CODING

CONDITION

BASIC PART NO. CODE
RECALEM 04

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Apparently, it's not a "fatal" error for the stock tune to have this particular category of code, so the vehicle can continue to run fine. Diagnosis is the same. Update calibration, check PCM wiring/connections. If code still present, replace PCM.

So most likely, MPT is not using the correct strategy code, or the PCM was updated after the last time you pulled the code to give to the tuner.

Ended up getting in touch with Torrie @ unleashed tuning and he is awesome. Answers emails fast and jumps to help.

He sent me a stock tune that went in fine but the first custom I got the wrench again same as mpt but the modified tune he sent me I did not. Something to do with subsets.

I am tuned up now with a modified tune and he is gonna keep building that up in steps but already my throttle response is night and day.

Mpt need better hours.

• 7 months later...

Hi all , Just wanted to tell a good story here. It's going to be a little long. I have a 2014 EDGE Sport that I wanted to program with a custom tune. I called Steeda.ca for their service which I had used before in the past on a 08 EDGE. Service was good then and so was the tune. I told them at Steeda that there was no program available from SCT for the 2014 EDGE at this time. They in turn said no problem we can do it here. I said great ,and ordered a tune, with them knowing I was using a X3 and them knowing that the X3 would not work on the newer EDGE's. It took a week to get a tune from them, even after I emailed the Guy from Steeda .ca that had done a tune for me before to find out what was wrong and why it was taking so long. He didn't even know that I had ordered a tune. So he gets me a tune and needless to say this did not work and all the X3 would tell me was, it cannot unlock vehicle. So I call SCT and they tell me that the X3 is outdated for 2014 EDGE and that I needed to get a X4. So I call Steeda back again, I should have known by now something was not right. Told them that the tune I got for the X3 from them would not work and that I would need a X4. They said they would refund my money on the first tune that I got from them, if I order the X4 with their tunes in it, from them. I said sounds good ,and ordered away. The X4 came pretty fast, 3 days to my house. That's good to where I live. So tuning a way I went. Tried many times, but it just would not unlock the vehicle. So I call steeda and tell them it will not work. They say update the X4, so I did 282 updates, back out to try again, but still no go. Get error 110BE cannot unlock vehicle, happens every time. This is about 3.00am. Steeda tells me they will call SCT and see what is wrong and to call them back in hour, so in the mean time I email someone, that some on here already know Mike Rogers from SCT know as Blivit on here . Great guy!. He went out of his way to try and help me solve this problem. asked me to send him the tune off the X4 that came from steeda so I did. Said he would look it over in the morning. Now I start reading on here, which I should have done first before I ordered anything from steexda.ca. and Torrie from unleashed tuning was being spoke of. Smart man. I email him to see if the 14 EDGE could be unlocked and tuned. He emails me in about 3 minutes after I send him a email and confirms that it can be tuned and that he has done some in the past already. I call steeda back after a hour to see what they have to say and they tell me to call them back tomorrow noon time. He can't get anyone from SCT to help him right now. So I email Mike and Torrie talking to them about what may be the problem because I'm getting no support from Steeda.ca , and they are trying to help me out with trying to trouble shot the problem. This goes on till 10.00pm at night ,(who does this for a guy that is car crazy and just wants more out of his EDGE), these guys did , Great guys wish I knew them personally . Now here's where it gets good, turns out the tune that Mike Rogers was going over in his time early in the morning , I would say 6.30am , was for a 95 Ford Ranger. 1995 -2014. I'm laughing as I write this, cause it is hard to believe. And the PCM code was even wrong. Mike tells me I need steeda to get a new tune emailed to me for my EDGE and to get the 7 digit strategy code out of my vehicle with the X4, So I did. I call steeda at noon time and ask them if they have any information from SCT that can help us. They say, not yet don't know how long it will take. I tell them that I have been corresponding with Mike Rogers From SCT and I sent him the tune that they gave me with the X4, and that the tune you put in the X4 is for a 95Ranger. I say (What's that all about?) I don't think they liked that. I gave them the strategy code and asked them to build me a tune around that code. They told me to hang on they would check the code. Came back with, your EDGE is a real 2014 Sport made in 07/14 and cannot be tuned. That code does not exist. Said they called SCT and they said it cannot be tuned, SCT has not cracked the code yet on the 14 and that it cannot be done. I told Steeda that I had been communicating with Unleashed tuning and that Torrie said he has already done a bunch. They said no way, not the 2014 he has not done them yet. It can't be done. Well I'm tuned needless to say ,cost me a little more because of my stupidity, but money well spent. Torrie is the guy that can get the job done. As already said on here, if you want more out of your EDGE he is the guy to deal with. Had me two tunes in less than 10 minutes. Both these guys helped me a lot , and went out of their way to help me through the whole ordeal for two days, really makes me feel proud knowing this, cause without them I would have been out a lot of money for nothing. I can only hope someone else learns from this and does not make the mistake I did. This has been quite an experience and that I have learned a good lesson here, that the US are far more advanced in technology than Canada, and that I will always read here before I make a spare of the moment decision concerning my EDGE. Thanks for reading.

• Like 1