Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

2011 replacement fob programming

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   revo1059

revo1059

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

I bought a new 5 button fob to replace one I lost for my 2011 Sport (has pushbutton start). Dealer wants $135 to program it. Are there any other options?

Edited by revo1059, 02 April 2014 - 12:16 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ls973800

ls973800

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,027 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

The owner's manual has steps on how to program a key to your vehicle.  I believe, however, that you need at least two working keys to begin with.  If you only have one, a trip to the dealer or perhaps a locksmith is needed.

#3 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Ford Edge Member

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 494 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

I bought a new 5 button fob to replace one I lost for my 2011 Sport (has pushbutton start). Dealer wants $135 to program it. Are there any other options?

Hey revo1059,

Check out pg. 115-121 of the 3rd printing of your owner's manual here. You'll find instructions on programming. In addition, you may speak with your local Ford Dealer. Find one here.

Todd

Edited by FordService, 03 April 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,516 posts
  • Region:Middle East
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

OP said he lost a key, the procedure in the owner's manual works only if he had both keys on hand. So since you only have 1 operational key/Fob, you will have to do it at a dealer or a locksmith who has the correct equipment.

Suggestion: Ask the dealer/Locksmith to delete the lost key, so that it won't work unless reprogrammed again, this is to ensure unauthorized entry by anyone who might find the key.

#5 OFFLINE   revo1059

revo1059

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

Thanks. Since I lost one of the remotes it looks like I'm hosed. Being charged an hour for something that couldn't take any longer than 15 minutes hurts a little.

#6 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Ford Edge Member

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 494 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

OP said he lost a key, the procedure in the owner's manual works only if he had both keys on hand. So since you only have 1 operational key/Fob, you will have to do it at a dealer or a locksmith who has the correct equipment.

Suggestion: Ask the dealer/Locksmith to delete the lost key, so that it won't work unless reprogrammed again, this is to ensure unauthorized entry by anyone who might find the key.

Thank you for providing additional info, omar302.  :)

Thanks. Since I lost one of the remotes it looks like I'm hosed. Being charged an hour for something that couldn't take any longer than 15 minutes hurts a little.

Please let me know if you have any questions following your dealer visit, revo1059.

Todd

#7 OFFLINE   alexanderwhite

alexanderwhite

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:31 AM

You should go to the Locksmith, they will disable the one you lost and set up a new one. Right now if someone found the lost one they have your car! I think you will need the tag that was on the fob when you got it - my locksmith told me to save that tag in a safe place.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users