How is this possible

My father just purchased a 2014 Explorer and had a ford alarm installed at the dealership. I was visiting him and messing with the alarm. I armed his explorer's alarm and with my edge's key tried to unlock the explorer via key hole (to mimic someone trying a key/stealing the vehicle). Well guess what, my edge's key opened my fathers explorer! It gets crazier. I locked my edge via my fob and...yup, my fathers explorer key opened it via the outer keyhole. Wtf! How is this possible! Even his spare key opened my edge.

Even if the key opens the door, the alarm will still go off & engine will not start unless the key is programmed to the ignition.

I am more worried of someone just opening the door and helping themselves to things that are inside. I could careless if they took the ride. They'd probably be doing me a favor if they did lol.

I am more worried of someone just opening the door and helping themselves to things that are inside. I could careless if they took the ride. They'd probably be doing me a favor if they did lol.

Modern Ford vehicles will not disable the alarms unless the remote unlock button is pressed or a correct programmed key is used to turn on the ignition.

So even he unlocks your door with a correct cut key, the alarm will still off in about 12 seconds unless they use the remote unlock button or turn on the ignition using a correct programmed key.

Modern Ford vehicles will not disable the alarms unless the remote unlock button is pressed or a correct programmed key is used to turn on the ignition.

So even he unlocks your door with a correct cut key, the alarm will still off in about 12 seconds unless they use the remote unlock button or turn on the ignition using a correct programmed key.

I understand but here's the kicker, I have no alarm! lol

Sure you do, it's standard on pretty much every Ford.

Nope. Ford started removing the alarm on lower end models a few years ago. I was shocked as I thought every vehicle that came with a remote keyfob also had a basic alarm. I think we discovered this on the 2012 Edge SE a couple of years back.