Will we be left out in the cold?

• 2 weeks later...

so What is the story with the new A-5 Nav Card? Can all MFT owners receive? Will it be $199, $124, $60, $free? Should they wait?

Since MFT owners have received FREE replacement A- cards at least twice with prior MAJOR MFT updates.. and not with the minor ones...and as Akirby pointed out in another thread there hasn't been one to even "buy" yet since MFT was released back in 8/10 ....confused

And with the - "you will not be left out" - of this thread referencing a MAJOR MFT release that will happen sometime in the future with the new software platform ....

Confused... on the SD card release approach.

Cleary free or low price is a BIG factor. Also timing of - are we going to get one like in past with a major release/change so do not even look at the current A-5?

Hi drpepper,

I answered your post in the Focus forum, but I'll post it here too. I don't have pricing information, but you can order an A5 SD card through your dealership. HERE, formerly known as NAVTEQ, is still our map provider, and at a later date you'll be able to order your map updates through them via www.navigation.com.

Rebecca

Edited by FordIVTteam

thanks Rebecca...

and we can always count on the maybe yes, may no from the other post! People will want to know price. People will want to know what it offers. People will want to make an INFORMED decision to buy or NOT BUY if another option comes down the road... There was a pretty lively debate before about not even available to buy so why post & conjecture ?.... Well looks like now is the time to post. Lets here it. What are the prices.

Did it come out to that debated $199 price that got so much heat? What real value does it offer? Why a partial roll out to dealer vs HERE web site not having. Will people wait to see next UPDATE roll out & whether a card comes wit it or a different card comes with it?

Ford doesn't set the pricing - that's why she told you to check with the dealership.

Or you could have done a simple google like I just did - took all of 90 seconds.

$125.

http://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=60839625&categoryID=56&productTypeID=13&CFID=218205&CFTOKEN=45984274

Now please unwad your panties about this and move on.

• Like 2

Earlier this year there was an article about Ford coming out with an update for AppLink. This update would allow owner's of certain 2010 (I believe) and newer models to upgrade to the AppLink, BUT MFT vehicles would not be able to do the upgrade. I even posted about that in reply #4.

Reading some other forums for the Ford F150 and Explorer, I just ran across this post from Rebecca. I hadn't seen this information anywhere else, and hope it happens.

Hey everyone!

We still plan to get AppLink into vehicles with MFT smile.gif

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford

Earlier this year there was an article about Ford coming out with an update for AppLink. This update would allow owner's of certain 2010 (I believe) and newer models to upgrade to the AppLink, BUT MFT vehicles would not be able to do the upgrade. I even posted about that in reply #4.

Reading some other forums for the Ford F150 and Explorer, I just ran across this post from Rebecca. I hadn't seen this information anywhere else, and hope it happens.

Hey everyone!

We still plan to get AppLink into vehicles with MFT smile.gif

Rebecca

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)

t: @FordService @Ford

f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford

We can only hope. Kinda embarrassing that their "top tier" infotainment system hasn't been able to do all the things the cheaper models have been able to do now for years.

Ok thanks $125 +$20 S&H =$145 or whatever u local dealer decides to charge off the suggested retail ..

Not the $199 panties in a bunch u professed as likely based on past DVD releases..

Moving on....

And we see when the next major update is released & with or with out a new SD card that may or may not be A-5 or A-6 or is now configured to work with A-4 & A-3 So u can still pay to get a new card

Got it

Purchased the new A5 map from ebay for $80.00 USD and picked it up from the person locally. Better than the $195.00 CAD price quoted from the dealer. So far it looks like speed limit database has been updated to include lot more streets in Canada, or at least the Toronto area. Now if only we could get Sirius Live traffic working in Canada, we would finally have good Nav system.

http://www.nhtourguide.com/lake_winnipesaukee/attractions_by_gps.htm

We have compiled a list of attractions around NH's Lake Winnipesaukee guided by your GPS. The Tour is part of the "Lakes Tour Scenic Drive." Simply enter the GPS coordinates of all the Lake Winnipesaukee attractions you want to see into your GPS unit and let us guide you around the lake!

http://www.vegas.com/attractions/off-the-strip/red-rock-canyon/

Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area

GPS coordinates: 36.135574 N / 115.42724 W
36°08'08"N / 115°25'38"W

Las Vegas, NV 89161

Many Places that do not have an exact address...RR2, Box 2764 vs. a street address.

Places where web site clears states:Do not follow Google maps or you will get lost. Enter the following GPS direct coordinates...

Attention GPS users: Our corporate offices are at out listed address. You want to enter these coordinates to get to our attractions:

Many camp ground or state parks & off road spots that do not have street names. But you can go or return by a GPS coordinate.

Etc. Etc.

Hmmm the stand alone GPS units that are MUCH cheaper have & the expensive built in system...had & removed?

...To borrow a rule out of your play book.....You may not get it, use it, or it doesn't mean anything to you BUT

it is no less important or valuable to some one else.

NO need to always be on the offensive of not seeing the Big deal on why it can not be Added back & useful to others.

Edited by drpepper

I said I didn't understand why it was needed. I didn't say it was not needed. I can see where it would be handy for those scenarios you posted. But I still think the number of people who would actually use it is very very very small and therefore I would not blame any company that chose not to support that feature in their product. Just like I don't blame any company that builds a car without a manual transmission.

And it doesn't matter if it was there and they removed it or it was never there - it's still up to the company whether they support it or not.

I would be happy for you if they put it back.