2011 edge wipers turn on randomly

I just purchased 2011 Edge Limited, my wife says the wipers turn on a courtesy swipe randomly. That function is turned off in settings . Of course it only happens every once in a while. She gets rough with the wiper switch and eventually gets them off . Any suggestions ? Thanks

I've noticed with the rain-sensing wipers that if they are left on, they will sometimes activate for a random pass once in awhile when passing through intermittent shadows like those cast by trees alongside the highway. Could it be this you are experiencing? I try to make it a point to remember to turn mine off unless it's actually raining, as those random passes for no reason can be a little startling if you aren't expecting it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Omar, would you have any suggestion on how to get the sprinkler for the wipers working? I've been told there is a switch under the hood but looked up the internet and nothing. Also anyone got ideas on the backup camera referring you to the dealers since my edge is no longer on warranty.

Would be glad to get some help.

Hi Omar, would you have any suggestion on how to get the sprinkler for the wipers working? I've been told there is a switch under the hood but looked up the internet and nothing. Also anyone got ideas on the backup camera referring you to the dealers since my edge is no longer on warranty.

Would be glad to get some help.

Perhaps by "switch" you mean a pump? Most cars and trucks have an electrical motor attached to the washer fluid container under the hood. The pump on my 2013 is at the bottom of the washer fluid container on the passenger side of the car. It is part #17664 in this diagram.

I believe I have read about other owner's having the message to have the camera serviced. It is something a dealer has to do from what I recall.

post-6528-0-62493000-1406063628_thumb.jpg