Rust Problems

I own a2007 Sel Plus, I religiously wash, wax, and take care of her. Suddenly getting bubbling paint and rust along the fender wells and the front edge of the hood. 101k miles on it so the body warranty is out. I think this should be Fords problem? Anyone else with this issue? And if so what is the recourse. Spot paint and repair is out of the question, paint color is impossible to match.

I was waxing my 09 Limited with 133,000 miles on it and noticed some bubbles along the front of the hood similar to what you described. I also see some rust (bulging) inside the doors at the bottom. I live in Michigan. I think it is the nature of the beast. Your car has likely been on the road 7+ years. Ford's problem? I'm not sure. My car has really had no problems since I have owned it. I am really quite impressed with the quality of this one. Living in Michigan, I expect this at some point.

Edited by evh

If you are gonna keep a vehicle in the rust belt for a long time, it's worth rustproofing yourself or taking it in to have done. I also applied a thin layer of undercoating which I touch up each fall. 3M makes a pretty good rustproofing product for inside the hood and door seams. I'm sure manufactures could do a better job when it comes to rust protection but I don't think they ever will.

Edited by fishx65

• 4 months later...

After one week of purchasing my Edge.... found a quarter size bubble of rust under the paint on the roof! Then after reading the forums, I inspected the entire car! Other than the large rust mark on the roof, I also located rust on 3 of the doors (bottom front on each door) Not to happy to spend 33k on a car and a week later finding all this rust! It's going back to the dealership tomorrow!

After one week of purchasing my Edge.... found a quarter size bubble of rust under the paint on the roof! Then after reading the forums, I inspected the entire car! Other than the large rust mark on the roof, I also located rust on 3 of the doors (bottom front on each door) Not to happy to spend 33k on a car and a week later finding all this rust! It's going back to the dealership tomorrow!