My New Cargo Shade - I have to drill holes????

I just received a new cargo shade for my new 2014 Edge. Yeah, it's not worth the money compared to the comparably priced retractable shades in other vehicles like the Escape, but it is what it is and I need it. However, I was shocked to see that in order to install the shade, I'm expected to drill holes for snaps that hold the shade in place on the sides. I thought something tucked down between the plastic sides and the glass! What happens if I screw up and put the snap in the wrong place? Will the plastic hold the snap screws with frequent use over time? Is this possibly an outdated version of the cover since this all seems so ridiculous?

Your help is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by DavidE

• 1 month later...

I have a 2013 Limited and I think the rear cargo shade stinks. It looks like an unmade bed when in place. Ford should take a page from GM and design a window shade type of cover that is tight and looks like it belongs. Not an afterthought. I hope it's better on your 2014.