Don't ask the parts department...

So I have a 2013 SE with the blanks in place of where the fog lights would be, and I went to the Jim Tidwell dealership in Kennesaw, GA to see how much it would be to order those and have them installed. Great tip for anyone doing this: Don't ask someone in parts. They act like I'm speaking Chinese to them. The guy was telling me that can be done and told me some long detailed story about a guy spending seven grand on headlights that didn't work, and I was just like what the cuss are you talking about, dude? Realized I should've been in the service department, and they quickly gave me a guy's business card that would know exactly what I needed and how much it would be.

There are several options you have if you want to install the vertical (fog) lights in the front of your Edge.

1) Check the posts in the Glass, Lenses, Lighting section for topics relating to DRL's or Brightlights. There is a company (Brightlights.com) that has been making very nice daytime running lights that take the place of those factory vertical lights. Even if your car came without them, his kit will fit with no problem, and includes all wires, control box, etc. I installed his kit and am extremley pleased with the looks, function, and service Dan provided. I don't think you will find any bad reviews about him or his product.

2) Look on the forum and find the Sponsors section. Levittown Ford Super Center is a dealership selling Ford parts at a good discount. You can contact Benny with any questions regarding part numbers, prices, etc.

3) Check the Classified section. I think there was a post recently about someone wanting to sell their front vertical lights. I don't know if they had the DRL's kit, or just the factory lights.

Good luck and make sure you come back and post what you ended up doing.

• Like 1