Getting the '07 Edge Nav System to display speed?

eyemhere

Hi all,

My first post after getting my used '07 Edge SEL AWD Plus model.

I must say that I LOVE it! Only real concern is the factory nav system is dated when it comes to the display. That being said, it works as intended so long as you don't need to change the destination while driving.

My question is, can the Nav system display current speed (as you would get on something like a Garmin or TomTom after-market)? This is extremely helpful as the standard needle display on the speedometer is obviously a little tough to pin-point exact speed.

Is this something that would require cracking/ flashing the unit and loading a custom skin? Is that even possible?

Thanks all!

PS - next posts I'm sure will request info on what programmer to use for improving fuel economy.

Edited by eyemhere

As was said above, you can't do it with the Nav system, but there IS a way to get a digital speed readout, but it's not a permanent thing you'd have to do it every time. It's the engineering test mode on the instrument cluster message center. With the key off, press and hold the SETUP and RESET buttons together and turn the key on while holding those 2 buttons. This will start the cluster in the engineering test mode

68B02986-09B6-46A6-BF97-D9B1254DC892-118

Then just use any of the 3 buttons (info/setup/reset) to cycle through all the different stuff. There's a whooooole bunch of stuff that means nothing to us, but there is a vehicle speed in both MPH and KPH, digital tach, coolant temp (in C though), and a few other things. But like I said this isn't a permanent thing, and you can't see anything else on your message center when in this mode (odometer, DTE, average fuel mileage, menus, etc). But it is there if you absolutely need to know

A914E52C-33DA-4D06-9639-12EA79348128-118

There are some other things you can do with the factory nav system, though since it's a pretty generic unit not all of the functions apply to each vehicle so not all of them work. But I have gotten a few of them to, lol

753CC299-C4AD-4727-A233-422D76D06046-787

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...