DRL'S

RJS

• 4 weeks later...

On the original version you could. Although they would be full brightness at night time. The electronics were built into the light.

The new versions have a dedicated wiring harness so you would not be able to use OEM plug. There is still a pseudo connector on the light but it's just someplace to connect and store the OEM plug. It doesn't connect to anything.

• 3 weeks later...

but with daytimebrightlites DRL, i read that its not just plug and play with the OEM plug from factory accent light.

It is true?

I just want to change these accent light with DEL one but with nor extra wiring. (i want to use the OEM plug)

Thanks.

It is not possible to have replacement accent light strips that add DRL function but use the factory plug because the factory plug isn't wired that way. The factory plug provides only power and ground connected to the parking/headlight circuit so you will always have to add wiring to power the lights during the day (with the ignition on but not the parking/headlights).

That is not possible with the Edge 2 lights from DBL. There may or may not be some other provider that makes replacement light strips that are just like the factory ones but brighter. I don't know because I haven't looked but I wouldn't think there would be much of a market for an item like that. As I've mentioned before, why would anyone want those lights to be brighter at night but not at any other time? What would be the purpose? Turning on your parking lights during the day is not a good substitute for real DRLs because it also turns on the tail lights (which can be mistaken for brake lights) and the lights don't turn off with the ignition so you could inadvertently run your battery down by leaving them on.

...but it's okay to install an aftermarket light assembly. Sorry, I still don't get the distinction (or what the cost of the vehicle has to do with anything) but it's your car. My feeling is that I've bought this car, I want it to work the way I would like and if that takes a few modifications then so be it.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I also just got the DRL kit from BrightLites. Just had a quick question. Will these work by using just the stock harness or do you need to use the entire kit?

Reason why I ask is because I was really eager to just see what they looked like and opened the wheel well one side to test them but neither worked. Just wondering if they were suppose to work or not. lol But other than that I'm really excited to get these bad boys on!

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought my 2011 Edge Sport, I usually drive in the day with the parking lights because I like the look of the yellow indicators and white bumper markers. But I love these Bright-Lites Leds with turn signal built in.

My question would be, how bright are the LED's?

Edited; look at those china ones on ebay, and found this picture on brightlites site, I am sold. ;p

FrontViewFinal.jpg

-- scratch that, better question is, what HID lamp will match these LEDS? 6000K 8000K 10000K?

Thanks in advance for you input. .

They really look nice on your ride

ED

Edited by NexusFFO