gibson vs magnaflow

I've been debating this too. From the research I've done, it appears that the Gibson system has a bit of a deeper, more aggressive tone than the Magnaflow. The Gibson system is also several hundred dollars cheaper than the Magnaflow. As soon as I get the $$$ cobbled together, I'm buying the Gibson system.

• 2 months later...

I don't have either exhaust, actually I've never heard and edge with anything but a stock system. With that being said when I do finally get around to exhaust mods I plan to go the custom route. I like options and the 2 we have just aren't doing it for me. If I were to buy an aftermarket vehicle specific system I would like to see some dyno sheets of either performance gains or mpg gains. I haven't decided if I want to do true dual or keep the factory layout yet but I will either do 1 muffler with 2 exits or 2 straight through style mufflers. Either way the brand will be magnaflow. I've used magnaflow in the past and it seemed durable and sounded good as well.