Owner Impression: Crap

engmoto

Sorry for the long response time, and short vague post. I was extremely frustrated between the service appointment and dealer offer.

I have the 13 Sport AWD and over the last few months it's begun to rattle, power is below expectation, the seats have grown to be very uncomfortable (I'm a little taller), and dealer just gave me a low ball offer of $26 for it with 21k miles. The sticker was $42k when I purchased it, I mentioned before that I expect better quality for that price range.

I've had wheels replaced due to finish problems, a rear door had to be adjusted because it rubbed against the front door when opening. The MyTouch system rarely recognizes my voice. The interior lights keep changing to default and full bright randomly. Bluetooth connectivity is intermittent. Oh, let's not forget the leather seat upholstery that won't stay in place and the fact that the MyTouch system shutdown on me several times.

Also, fault codes that get sent to dealer with no warning to the driver there is an issue. That turned out to be a failure on the diagnostic system and was resolved with a reflag.

Ford sold me on technology and I will say they made great strides but more needs to be done on the quality side.

This the first and last ford I'll own.

Edited by engmoto

So let's see... you've had a few problems and they have all been resolved under warranty but you're annoyed that you aren't getting the trade-in price you wanted despite the fact that the offer is right in line with Kelly Blue Book trade-in value. Does that summarize the situation fairly? If you have a CarMax near you, they will buy your vehicle - usually for more than dealer trade-in. You don't even have to buy a car from them... they'll just cut you a check.

Must have been a " Friday " Vehicle.

My new 13 AWD now has about 5000mi and I couldnt be happier.

Also tall ( 6" 6" ) and I love the room provided. Have been on a few long trips and have enjoyed every mile.

Only minor complaint I have is the speed of the sunroof closing but I have not been back to the dealer.

Also love the power ( 3.5 ) Passing on the highway is a breeze.

Sorry your having a rough time .

Edited by doggie62

I've had my 2014 SEL FWD for about 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it. No matter what vehicle, there will always be something that isn't perfect. I've had GM, Dodge, Ford, BMW, Audi and they all have had some issues. I had a brand new 2014 Escape 2.0L for 4 months and there was something wrong with the brakes (noisy) but dealer said they couldn't find anything. Hmmmm. Just one of those things.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long response time, and short vague post. I was extremely frustrated between the service appointment and dealer offer.

I've had wheels replaced due to finish problems, a rear door had to be adjusted because it rubbed against the front door when opening. The MyTouch system rarely recognizes my voice. The interior lights keep changing to default and full bright randomly. Bluetooth connectivity is intermittent. Oh, let's not forget the leather seat upholstery that won't stay in place and the fact that the MyTouch system shutdown on me several times.

This the first and last ford I'll own.

Good morning engmoto,

Don't forget that I'm here to help. If you've already had your dealership check this out, send me a PM with your details so I can research ways to assist. In your message, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

There is always good ones and bad ones. Yes I also have minor issues like a rattle here and there but it will be hard to find a vehicle which does not ever rattle at some point. I have not heard many great things upon MFT so I opted for the base SYNC radio and could not be happier. I love my edge

Hi Lunareclipse02,

Have you had this rattle looked into by your Ford Dealer? Send me some details; I'll see how to best assist.

Other than one issue with my chrome grille finish being "damaged"(starting to get cloudy). That they say is caused from unknown environmental causes. I'm satisfied with my 2012 Limited.

Hey CinnamonEdge,

I remember when you first got your Edge. I'm glad it's treating you well.

Todd

Edited by FordService