change out the PTU fluid/change out the RDU fluid.

EDST777

Hello. I want to do fluid PTU and RDU change as it is told by the experienced user of the EDGE car in points 2 and 3 ( http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12749-normal-mpg/?do=findComment&comment=112443 ) :
Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:28 PM
More involved work would be to 1) change out the transmission fluid, 2) change out the PTU fluid (probably thick and gunky by now), and 3) change out the RDU fluid. If you are a handy mechanic, you can do this yourself, but probably less of a headache having a trusted shop do it for you.
but I would like to find the complete and exact description of these events, it is desirable with pictures, whether it is possible to see it at this forum. I found similar information here:
http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/10914-ptu-leak-failures/page-2?hl=+change%20+rdu%20+fluid , but there can be I will be able to find still any more detailed step-by-step information in other posts or video?
I didn't find absolutely any information on change of fluid RDU. I badly looked for? Help me and specify where it is possible to it , is possible to read at a forum it? If it is possible with pictures.
p/s: At present offer me for change in PTU and RDU the following oil : picture 1,2,3

whether it is normal, after all there are no Ford XY-75W140-QL/WSP-M2C197-A and XY-80W90-QL/WSP-M2C197-A admissions?
Thanks for any help.

post-16857-0-56603200-1410552653_thumb.jpg

post-16857-0-21605200-1410552896_thumb.jpg

post-16857-0-94223000-1410552989_thumb.jpg

Edited by EDST777

Excuse for my scrupulousness) in this question, but I have not enough information, important for these technical works on change fluid PTU and RDU (rear differential). I looked for such information at other forums and found out that there is absolyuno an identical question, but on it also there is no answer))).
I had a thought: change fluid PTU and RDU and on Ford Explorer or Lincoln MKX can be similar, after all they have an identical PTU and RDU device? Maybe on them there are detailed reports step by step? Thanks for any help.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t39706_ds553934#

windlake answered about a year ago

Here is the pic for Trans hoses, I don't know which one is the trans cooler hose. Could you please help me out? And it seems very hard to take them out. Any special tools are needed? I plans to work on it this weekend anyway. If I can't figure it out, I will do the way you mentioned above, repeat 3 times. I am looking forward to hearing from you for your more valueable advice and provide more once I am done. (I am thinking to make a vedio to record everything I do and post it on Youtube for those people who need it. Changing trans fluid is only part of them, I also want to do changing break fluid, power streeling oil, coolant fluid, seaform my engine and tire rotation). I also want to change differential fluid for Front and Back, but have no idea how to do it. I will continue to do the research and hope can make a series to help people to do their DIY. Again, THANK YOU, David and wish you have a nice trip.

pic-7361513054772994535-tmb.jpeg
3 out of 3 people think this is helpful.
You think this is helpful.
Edited by EDST777