Shudders/shakes at 40-45mph?

Wakestudent

My 07 edge fwd starts to shake/shudder around 40-45 mph. I replaced the tires and had 2 different places balance them and it still shudders? It's kinda wired because once I start to feel it I can mesh the gas pedal down a little and it goes away until I let off the pedal it starts again, also I can do a slight turn right or left down the road and it goes away? Any thoughts would help!

Tie rod would be my guess. I have a 2009 Limited AWD. I was driving down the highway about 70 a few weeks ago and got a shudder all of a sudden. Thought I had a flat and pulled over. Everything was fine. About 10 miles from home and the shudder got worse. It went away when braking or giving gas or turning in some instances. When coasting it was bad. It got real bad in a single day to the point I thought the tire was coming off. I could feel it in the steering wheel, noises, etc. What the heck was going on!

Took it to my mechanic (not dealer). He told me all it was was a tie rod. He said it had a little play and the rubber was dried out. He said it was the worst behavior he has evern seen on one with such little play on it. He replaced it and all is well.