What about LED headlight bulb? ( NOT HID)

Hi,

I would like to know what do you think about this technologie ? LED HEADLIGHTS PLUG AND PLAY BULB.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-New-60W-6000LM-Set-Cree-LED-Headlight-30W-Bulbs-H11-H8-H7-H4-9003-9005-9006-/281404883868?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item418509c39c&vxp=mtr

3000 lumens/ bulb for a total of 6000 lumens for the pair ! (not bad) and all that with the OEM plug. So we don't need ballast or anything else and it's just plug and play with no wires extra!

It is a dream or it is real?

Does it work or not?

It is dangerous for something? (electric, beams, plastic, heat, etc.)

Let me know because I know what is HID and the power of the HID, but LED headlights is a new technologie for me and I never see that.

I am currently in the process of testing TXT LED lighting on my '07 Edge, and have yet to be swayed to the effectiveness of the beam pattern. Runs fine, but not enough light on the road, illuminates road signs very well though! I would like to see a bulb-like capsule over the LEDs to provide OEM-style light scatter, but that's just me.

I assume the heatsinks could do with regular cleaning though as dirt will accumulate over time and decrease effectiveness. Not quite sealed against the elements, more like computer CPU heatsinks. Mine are fanless, fans will draw in even more contaminants unless you put some kind or sock/filter over it.

As far as lumens claims, who really knows? I still really really like my Osram Night Breaker Plus 1900 lumen (?) lighting, though now I think you get Unlimited versions instead of the Plus.

BTW, Dan at DTBL has HID kits for the Edge, so worth looking at. I am sure, like all his other products, they will be quality. AND customer feedback goes into improving product quality as well!

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

I am currently in the process of testing TXT LED lighting on my '07 Edge, and have yet to be swayed to the effectiveness of the beam pattern. Runs fine, but not enough light on the road, illuminates road signs very well though! I would like to see a bulb-like capsule over the LEDs to provide OEM-style light scatter, but that's just me.

I assume the heatsinks could do with regular cleaning though as dirt will accumulate over time and decrease effectiveness. Not quite sealed against the elements, more like computer CPU heatsinks. Mine are fanless, fans will draw in even more contaminants unless you put some kind or sock/filter over it.

As far as lumens claims, who really knows? I still really really like my Osram Night Breaker Plus 1900 lumen (?) lighting, though now I think you get Unlimited versions instead of the Plus.

BTW, Dan at DTBL has HID kits for the Edge, so worth looking at. I am sure, like all his other products, they will be quality. AND customer feedback goes into improving product quality as well!

Does your 07 have projector style housings?