iPhone 6

so has Iphone 6 & iphone 6 plus been tested & found fully working with MFT/MLT latest releases software version? Seems there are many posts over at sync my ride that talk about phone & forced into privacy setting or dropped calls... My iphone 6 hasn't arrived in mail yet to test but from what I have read....

OK Thanks

Just looking for more assistance when I read owners report issues with new iphone 6 & 6+ & with MFT/MLT and Ford says look at general BT best practices instead of going the extra mile. Is it really that many user errors of best practices on BT setup or is there a legitimate issue? I will test when I get mine. Shame response time from Ford is not as it should be.

I guess nothing has changed in 4 years with the downloaded phone book contacts & the ability to use those contact addresses to have them sent as a destination to the nav as the MFT/MLT software has as option but it has been broken for past 4 years? It should work but doesn't. It was pointed out that in this Global world the phones that list country in the contact addresses seems to not function with MFT/MLT & was hoping for a Ford Solution fix after 4 years to either except the county field or be able to simple iqnore it & not through the send address to destination feature into a non-compliance hiccup & fail. That is not too much to ask but have seen no progress.

Its not a ford issue its an Apple issue. Apple won't allow the phone to send certain info over BT so that the MFT system can read it. That's how it's always been with the iPhone. My buddies droid will sync with MFT and all his contacts info including pics sync over just fine.

Good luck convincing this crowd. I've tried til I'm blue in the face and they still want to blame Ford.

• Like 1

the contact addresses DO COME OVER ON BT....They are there in the car data to see.... It is FORD that CHOKES when it sees a country code...the GOOD OLD USA So Sorry Blue in the face of Ford avoiding writing a simple script to resolve!!!

If we can ADD pictures for wallpaper we can ADD pictures to the contacts- I had several email discussions with Ford IT 2 years ago prior to them cutting everyone off....my email from them said it was a matter of time resources that prevented the fix & the original code locked down due to the farmed out contactor B square .. that is now fired & long removed

Edited by drpepper

On Sat & successfully set up my iphone 6 plus ( ios 8.0.2) with MLT 3.6. on my 2011 MKX Received texts, received & made calls, received a mapquest destination to sync services, played music over BT

I also set up iphone 6+ on my wife's 2008 Taurus with basic sync. I can make/receive calls... I has partial success till I did a master reset in that & then good. Don't think it supports texts

Edited by drpepper

• 4 weeks later...

OK been 3 weeks.....UPDATE... Oh *****Rebecca****...Ideas???

1.) iphone 6 plus ios 8.0.2 has worked FINE on MLT running 3.6.2.... ( hey where is the newer update..tired seeing the "new update" on web site but it is 14months old....)

2.) iphone 6 plus ios 8.0.2 ***HAS Issues on basic sync- after it was up & running successfully

Basic Sync on a '08 Ford Taurus lost phone answering ability via the phone button on steering wheel. If press & hold car phone button & I can reject call BUT it does not allow an answer. Have to pick up iphone & use. You can switch between iphone speaker & iphone handset on the iphone but when go back to sync setting on phone - no go- silence. Incoming calls do come in & with phone ring tone but can not answer... the phonebook does download. Can set phone as a primary....

Confused now....since & I toggled the BT on & off, deleted sync from phone & phone from sync...did a master reset & even pulled battery cable. But on re-pair have same issue of incoming calls not going through.
Issue seems to be phone in a privacy mode or something

I signed into I-cloud on pc. I see 2 devices. Wife's iphone 6 plus & wife's ipad 4. ( her prior phone was a dumb phone- no old iphone device to delete). When reviewing the iphone & ipad- ( vs on pc) icloud is signed into with her correct sign in on both devices.

Edit 1...Also... I saw when our house phone called my wife's paired cell---her cell phone caller id displayed on the car screen -not our house line. I saw others report this SAME issue when reading other boards... so still not sure how to proceed.

Edit 2... ios8.1 came out today- so I intend to install & then try iphone 6plus again on car- clean pair of course- but wanted to know if there was another step that I should do or uncheck something or

Help in next step....

Edited by drpepper

OK .. I had free time before dinner & I got it to work on basic sync & MLT

I backed up iphone, installed the 8.1 update. I did a settings, general, network reset ( not sure if needed but saw posted in other areas) On car I did a master reset. Power cycled car, deleted phone & toggled BT on/off in car (even though should have to due to master reset) Did a master again -powered cycle car...

I paired phone - did not download phone book, power cycle car- tested got to work. went back downloaded phone book- tested. Now fingers crossed.

MLT- no issues... backed up, deleted sync on phone-did update- went to car deleted iphone ref- power cycled. paired- on drive home & added back all my settings--needed a Traffic light or 2 to get started - due to driving restrictions... got my incoming texts to work with the go in BT set toggle on/off got to notifications turn on - toggle off/on procedure.

• Like 1