Highway speed interior rattle

I have a 2013 Edge and I am having a issue with a constant rattle sound coming from the passenger side floorboard next to the passenger door. This constant rattle only occurs if I am driving over 45 mph. It is very annoying, so I concluded that it has to be wind that is causing this noise. So I crawled under car and try to find what is loose. Everything seems to be tight and having all of its fasteners. Not sure exactly what to do next. I can try to take it to my local dealer and tell them but I am sure I will get the usual and they would say that they heard nothing. They must be deaf, since this vehicle has very noisy interior.

I checked both wheel liners and they are both tight. I believe I found a post a while back about the fiberglass panel underneath the vehicle on the passenger and driver side which tends to rattle. I cannot find that post anywhere. I believe that might be my issue, I tap on it and I can somewhat replicate the noise. This panel in question does have all of its fasteners and is tight so I am not sure how to fix this. Also there is not much the dealer can do to help me. This is frustrating, does anyone else have a lot of interior noises like me? It seems I have a new rattle just about every day and the vehicle only has 14k on the odometer

I have a 2013 Edge and I am having a issue with a constant rattle sound coming from the passenger side floorboard next to the passenger door. This constant rattle only occurs if I am driving over 45 mph. It is very annoying, so I concluded that it has to be wind that is causing this noise. So I crawled under car and try to find what is loose. Everything seems to be tight and having all of its fasteners. Not sure exactly what to do next. I can try to take it to my local dealer and tell them but I am sure I will get the usual and they would say that they heard nothing. They must be deaf, since this vehicle has very noisy interior.

Good morning, Lunareclipse02,

I encourage you to make an appointment with your local Ford Dealer here. In addition, please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer name/appointment time. I'll get this escalated.

I had the same issue with my 2012 Edge. It wasn't real loud, but I could definitely hear it at highway speeds. Turns out it was a loose wheel well liner. I seem to remember that someone here put me on to that.

Are you still experiencing this concern, MurphieNB?

Todd

Good morning, Lunareclipse02,

I encourage you to make an appointment with your local Ford Dealer here. In addition, please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer name/appointment time. I'll get this escalated.

Are you still experiencing this concern, MurphieNB?

Todd

I plan on taking it when I need an oil change which is soon. Since the dealer is an hour away I want to make less trips as possible. But looking more into it this does seem to be my issue also.

Thanks

I plan on taking it when I need an oil change which is soon. Since the dealer is an hour away I want to make less trips as possible. But looking more into it this does seem to be my issue also.

Thanks

When you take it in, Lunareclipse02, please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer name/appointment time. We'll go from there.

Todd

• 8 months later...

I had a rattle under our car too. Turned out it was the plastic cover over the gas tank. Looked like a portion of it warped and was very close to the tank. I wedged a piece of hard foam rubber ( the kind that doesn't absorb water ) between the tank and cover . Rattle went away so that must have been the problem. 2013 edge sel

Larry

Northern, In.