245/50r20 tire replacement

glock30sf

• 1 year later...

For snow only, I would go with Bridgestone's Blizzak DM-V1.

For all season, Bridgestone's Dueler H/L 422 Ecopiate (what I'm currently running).

http://m.tirerack.com/tires/TireResultsServlet?tireIndex=1&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2010&autoModel=Edge+Limited&autoModClar=FWD&width=245%2F&ratio=50&diameter=20&sortCode=59938&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=S&minLoadRating=S&tab=ALL&zipCode=null#0

Edited by enigma-2

Bridgestone Dueler HL ecopia 422 might be a good over all choice. For real snow traction go with the Blizzak DM-V2

Was interested in reading more about the DM-V2 tires, approx outer 50% of the tire is a softer, quieter, more "rubbery" type of rubber (quieter and better traction). When this wears off, the tire will get noisy and not have as good traction. That's when I trade, hate noisy tires.

Ergo, you only are getting approx. 55% of its rated tread, which could be as little as say, 25% of its rated milage (picked a number out of thin air, exactly how many miles are in first 55% of tread depth? Remember that the outer 55% is a softer rubber that will wear faster.)

Probably would still be usable tires, just ride harder and a lot more noisy.

I've suspected other tires of doing this. Had a set of Michelin's that got real noisy and hard riding when 50% worn. Dealer told me the soft wear layer had worn off.

The DM-V2 must be the V1 replacment, hence the reason why the V1's are marked down $40 less.

Edited by enigma-2