What size Winter Rims & Tires for 2013 Edge AWD

Sprocket2324

I have a 2013 Edge Limited AWD with 20" rims and P245/50/R20 tires. I want to put steel rims on with winter tires but dont want to use 20" rims. Can I use a 17" or 18" rim? If so what size tires do I need with each?

Use the OEM wheel and tire sizes for 17" and 18". If you put in 2013 Edge SE or SEL at tirerack.com that should give you the OEM sizes.

• 2 weeks later...

The local Tandem Tire store just checked this out for my 2014 Edge Limited AWD with 20" wheels. The wheel and winter tire package from my Taurus fits the Edge perfectly. That package consists of 17" Ultra Slalom wheels and Nitto SN tires in 225R/65-17 tire size. There is no problem with brake caliper clearance. The bolt pattern and offset are correct.

We stood the OEM and winter tires next to each other to compare the height. The winter tire size is slightly shorter but these tires have three winter seasons on them. The OEM 20" tires have less than 2,000 miles of use. According to the documentation from Nitto there is less than 1% of an inch in diameter when comparing new to new.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...