2013 Edge Ford Long Range Plug and Play Remote Start

Ok, I feel like a NOOB. So the wife was driving the car and met me at the gas station. That is where she said the brights didnt work. So of course I jump in, push the lever back and see the bright indicator on the dash light up and then shut off. So I concurred that the brights didnt work.

Ā 

Come to find out that the service tech shut off the "auto" lights, and she was driving without any headlights.

Ā 

The long range remote start works great.

Seems like parking garage attendants and people who park and move cars don't like to walk away and leave headlights on. Can't blame them. Try to tell someone their battery is dead. It always takes me a while to figure out that someone turned them off. (My wife doesn't know how to turn the lights on in her Jeep. I always get the call that they are broken followed by the "Oh Yeah".) Gotta Love it

• 2 weeks later...

looking into this Remote starter for my edge, anything else needed for install. I seen on ford's page about a hood switch, did you have to include this? Is it worth having Ford tech's install it or someone automotive inclined could do? anything helps. thanks

Ā 

Ā 

Vehicle Notes: Hood Switch Kit Required if vehicle not equipped. For Vehicles with Power Door Locks. - See more at: http://accessories.ford.com/remote-start-system-rpo-plug-in-play-kit.html#sthash.uk04JV9C.dpuf

• 2 weeks later...

So I ordered the long distance plug n play for my 2013 Ford Edge Limited, I was told they had to order another part because the original part did not fit - I paid and drove away from the dealership only to find out that the short range one was installed - I can only start my Edge from a few car lengths away. Being that I plan on moving to a snowy area and needing to start my car from a long distance, I was a bit upset and went back to see if they could install the long range version that I thought was installed. I was told that because my car isn't push start that the part isn't compatible, but reading the ford accessories website it just tells me that if my car isn't a push-start that I just need to install the hood switch. What gives? I wouldn't have forked over a few hundred dollars to start my car a short distance away as it is not at all what I was looking for. What can I tell the dealers they need to order/do to install the Long Range to my 2013 Ford Edge Limited? thanks guys

I installed the ford remote access smart phone remote start myself. Took me 20 minutes of fumbling through it. I can probably do it in 10 minutes now. The dealer activated it at no charge. System cost me $382 shipped to my door. I can now start my edge from anywhere there is cel service.

My edge came with push button start and factory remote start (which was worthless), so to upgrade yours would be pretty easy

I installed the ford remote access smart phone remote start myself. Took me 20 minutes of fumbling through it. I can probably do it in 10 minutes now. The dealer activated it at no charge. System cost me $382 shipped to my door. I can now start my edge from anywhere there is cel service.

My edge came with push button start and factory remote start (which was worthless), so to upgrade yours would be pretty easy

Ā 

Ā 

I believe there is a yearly fee attached with that service, correct? I think some where around $60.00?

I'd really like to just have the keyfob option but if my only option to start my car with heater/warm seats at a long distance is through the cell service ill be forced to do that. I don't want to go with a whole new system as I just paid ~400 two days ago to get this installed and would like to just upgrade it or swap something easily rather than have to pay for a whole new unit, I simply cannot justify paying 400 again for a new remote start. I'm just a little upset and lost right now

The part number I ordered was C3Z-19G364-1 Long Range Plug-N-Play. Instead, they installed BC3Z-19G364-A 100 Series Plug-N-Play with the Hood Switch Kit. Again, I do not have push button start and they just told me that the Long Range Plug-N-Play simply didn't work with my vehicle even though on their accessories site it says that if your Edge is not push button start you just need to buy and install the hood switch. Sorry for all the posts, I'd just really like to figure out what I can do from here because I feel like I just wasted a few hundred dollars.

I guess it all depends on how far you're talking, in my case I park roughly 1,500-2,000 feet away from my car and there is a ton of interference (building etc...) in the way so that's why I had to go with the smart phone system. V

I guess what I'm saying is if you have a clear line of sight to your vehicle then the long range bi-directional system should work for you.

As far as upgrading to the smartphone system (remote access) all you need to add is the cel module and the subscription service, the majority of the other components have already been installed.

Well right now I wouldn't even care if I didn't have the remote start, it's just that I know we will be moving within the year to a snowy area where my car will likely frost and we will probably be getting an apartment so I would need something that can go the distance. It's pointless to have remote start if I still have to bundle up and walk halfway out into the parking lot to turn the car on anyway.

Well right now I wouldn't even care if I didn't have the remote start, it's just that I know we will be moving within the year to a snowy area where my car will likely frost and we will probably be getting an apartment so I would need something that can go the distance. It's pointless to have remote start if I still have to bundle up and walk halfway out into the parking lot to turn the car on anyway.

I agree 100% they are very nice in these cold climates