Can find " my keys" option in settings

I just had my battery replaced a few weeks ago . Just recently I notice that my programming is not the same , no mute on radio after seatbelt is not fasten, speed is limited at 80 mph where is wasn't before, low fuel warning. After reading my manual I went in to the information screen and scroll down to settings. After scrolling Down there was no my key program . I purchased this edge and a leased return and it still had radio and speed restrictions to 65 mph. The salesman show me how to change this and we did this together being able to locate my key program with out a problem. I know Im not nuts because it was there before and now it had just vanished. Has anyone else saw this problem

Thanks for the input

I'm the second owner, it's a 2011 Ford Edge sel . when I purchased it it just came off a lease with both keys . It was originally lease by a company in Nevada that had the speed limited at 65 and the radio volume turned down. I noticed this during the test drive and with dealer salesmans help we went thru the prompts to the my key and reset the values to my liking . Fast forward now a year and a half later just having the battery replaced I notice that the speed was limited at 80 and my radio did not mute after my seat belt wasn't fasten.

Check in the instrument cluster under the Information menu, how many MyKeys & Admin Keys are listed? From what you described, you should have 2 MyKeys (minimum that you used) and you should also have at least 1 more Admin key. If that is the case, then you have a missing 3rd key, either you try to find it or ask your dealer (or maybe a locksmith) to clear that key for you.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dont think the dealer is coming clean by telling me I need a new instrument cluster just to get this icon back. Over $800 for new cluster to fix one icon and everything else works???????????? I think this is BULL. There has to be a Computer problem or Key for where ever this MY KEY icon is located.. I wish I knew where this icon originates in the cars memory. They make a instrument cluster with just this feature???????????? I dont think so.

• 6 months later...

As I said earlier in this topic about options disappearing. One ford dealer said instrument cluster bad. Not true. Went to different dealer and their mechanic did what I thought was possible. He found where there was 4 keys entered into computer. He erased what was in computer & re-installed my original option for car when new & now everything is fine. Needless to say at a fraction of first repair option. I guess this is common if car was previous rental. It will also take care of the speed restriction problem.

• Like 2

As I said earlier in this topic about options disappearing. One ford dealer said instrument cluster bad. Not true. Went to different dealer and their mechanic did what I thought was possible. He found where there was 4 keys entered into computer. He erased what was in computer & re-installed my original option for car when new & now everything is fine. Needless to say at a fraction of first repair option. I guess this is common if car was previous rental. It will also take care of the speed restriction problem.

So many systems in new vehicles are software controlled, and I think that some shops might still be stuck in a 'hardware world' that they cannot fathom working on a computer to fix a vehicle.

Glad you got those settings back and thanks for keeping us updated. :)

• 1 year later...

Im having the same issue. Bought it pre certified used at Ford. Given 2 keys. 1 key was always the master. Battery died amd replaced it. Now the master key wont control MYKEY. So the car is limited to 80mph on both keys. Dealer just told me they would have to cut a 3rd key to fix it. Are they B.S me? What did they do you your key amd how much did they charge?

Replacing the battery shouldn't change the admin key. Either way the dealer can erase the learned keys and relearn them both as admins then you can set one for mykey if that's what you want.

Hey kirby, yeah I am aware from your post on my newly created thread about this issue. Im curious to know how much the OP was charged. I feel as 300$ for a new key is crazy since i bought the car from them and given the keys i have that dont have mykey options no more.

To look at it from their point of view, they were working when they gave them to you and I assume there is no warranty, so I'm not sure why they should be responsible for fixing the problem. I don't know if they were trying to rip you off with the 3 key requirement of the service tech just had no clue what they were talking about. I'd say it's 50/50 either way.

To look at it from their point of view, they were working when they gave them to you and I assume there is no warranty, so I'm not sure why they should be responsible for fixing the problem. I don't know if they were trying to rip you off with the 3 key requirement of the service tech just had no clue what they were talking about. I'd say it's 50/50 either way.

Yep, agree tp spme extent. Whays bothering me is how some have claimed iy due to not getting the original master key and possibly a clone.seems to be behaving as one. And then saying the only fix is a new 3rd key while others had it fone through a simple programming. Ill pay for a programming of 90.00$. But 300$? Seems a lot.