power lift gate won't close?

neartheedge

Mine has done it twice, but I figured out why.

If I shut it from the push button in the back and then get in the driver's seat before it's most of the way down, it reopens. Must be some safety mumbo-jumbo.

It is going back up when you start the car if it isn't closed all the way - it is explained in the manual.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

you need a 10 mill socket. open rear door and at the top of the liftgate shaft near the back window you will find a cap over a 10 mill bolt. you loosen the bolt, go to the front of the car and get in drivers seat, close the door and use the buttons beneath the radio to turn off the liftgate and reset it then turn key off key back on then turn the liftgate back on then key back off then exit the vehicle and leave the drivers door open.

wait 10 minuites then go to the rear of the vehicle and remove the bolt with door open, now remove the lift shaft from the bolt let it hang and close the door. now get in through the back seat and compress the shaft down as far as it will go. use force here. now gently realign the shaft onto the bolt. it should barelly go back on. tighten bolt with door shut. go back out the door you came in and press open on the outside of the rear tailgate.after it opens wait 10 seconds then hit the close button on the left rear of the vehicle over the shaft.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...