Adding OEM Remote Start - Kits & Parts Explained (detailed) - 2011+

Hey Knux, i'm not sure what parts if any you'll need actually. Your car might already have the capabilities and you would just need to visit your dealer to have it activated I'd call them first just to see.

There is no range limit as long as you have 3G or 4G service in that area. But remember you will need to subscribe to the service at $49 / year in order to keep that feature going.

• 1 month later...

Trying to read through this and make sure I have everything correct before I make an order.

This will be installed on a 2014 Edge SE. Is this parts list correct:

Long range antenna - DL3Z-15603-C

VSS - DT4Z-19A361-A

Long range FOB - DS7Z-15K601-F

And finally the hood switch - BT4Z-19G366-A

Well here's what I ended up purchasing for my 2014 ford edge SE.

Hood switch - BT4Z-19G366-A

Series 100 w/1 key - BC3Z-19G364-A

Is there anything I'm missing that is necessary? The car is equipped with a factory alarm if that makes a difference. If these are the wrong parts please let me know and I'll return them and buy the right stuff.

Trying to help the wife and kids beat the heat and humidity out here in MO.

Edited by TowerMonkey

That looks right. You'll need to have ford activate the remote start using their IDS software (typically 1/2-1 hour labor charge).

If your up to it, it can also be done yourself using a Bluetooth OBDII adapter and forscan software.

You'll be connective everything in the drivers side rear of the car (cargo area) to the TPMS module.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Need a little direction. I have a 2014 Edge with power hatch. I've added the hood sensor. I have the Ford keys with the 5 button remote. Do I just need the antenna and connecting wire now? I've heard some conflicting info, not necessarily from here. I don't need or want the vss nor the phone remote. Just the ability to start my car from my office where I can see my car 40' away. I know I'll still need to get it programmed, I just want to have the hardware in place before I go to the deal as I need to have a spare remote anyhow. TIA.

Edited by nittanydoug

Found a dealer semi local, about 20 minutes away, that had the antenna kit. I ran up today and picked it up. Talked to the parts guy and he said that was the last peice of hardware I needed. So far I'm about $225 into it for 2 genuine for 5 button remotes, the antenna and the hood switch. A local locksmith will cut them for $6 and try to program them. He says he is 50/50 with the programming. If it doesn't work, no charge. I probably will still need to go to the dealer to turn on the remote start but I want to see what software the locksmith uses first.

Ok so I had 2 Ford branded 5-button keys and 2 Amazon supplied non-ford logo 5-button keys. They told me that they could get the Ford ones to work as they should but the non Ford's would only lock/unlock/start but not remote start. Fine, better than what I had before. Well now that I'm home, guess what all 4 work identical. The non logo keys went back together better. It's like the cover on the remote part of the Ford ones aren't latching. I messed with it a little but I guess I'll look more.

Almost 6 hours in and no edge back. Supposed to be programming right now. Should have told me when I came in. Today I needed to be home early and I'm sitting in the dealership 20 minutes after I was supposed to be home.

Wow! I do seem to recall that mine took awhile longer (maybe 1.5-2 hours). Six hours is staggering!

I was told mine took longer because they had never turned on remote start via IDS before and I was also the first customer there using the smartphone remote access.

They did throw me a free oil change for the delay. I suppose you should get a free maintenance visit!

• 2 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, I have a 2014 SEL.   Would like to install remote start.  Already have one but I am not sure its the proper model, though it states on some parts sights it will work.  CL3Z-19G364-B.

Its brand new in the box, but I can not find instructions online.   Anyone got instructions or know if this model will work?

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have a 2014 SEL with a non power lift gate.  I have re read the thread and I summarize i need the following.  Would a forum adult please check my work? I plan to do all the work and not need a Dealership trip and Rotunda IDS.  I have seen talk about needing a VSS module or an RMST module.  IS that still a requirement on 2014 as i heard it was just Add the bar antenna, enable in IDS, and cut/program keys.   I have no requirement for Cellular remote access.  I only want to remote Start with IKT.  I have no want for another fob to hang off my keys. 

- Hood Pin Switch - BT4Z-19G366-A.  Very helpful pictures provided in another thread by @j3st3r

- series 100 w/1 key - BC3Z-19G364-A

- Enable Remote Start Function - As-Built Code - Taking codes from Explorer Forum, and @Tim Mallon here on Edge Forum

BCM - Suggested
726-19-01 0047 = remote start disabled
726-19-01 0148 = remote start enabled

- Enable Cluster Remote Start Climate options - TBD

IPC remote start options - Suggested
720-01-03 C8F3 = without climate seats or wheel(Base model and Interceptor. Possibly some XLT models)
720-01-03 F823 = without heated steering wheel With climate controlled seats
720-01-03 FC27 = with heated steering wheel With climate controlled seats

My AsBuilt w/o Remote Start - motorcraft.com/asbuilt

BCM - 726-19-01      0047

IPC     720-01-03      002B

- PATS Key Programming - ForScan service procedure

References found.

Link: 2011 Ford Edge 200 Series Remote Start DIY (BB5Z-19G364-C)  QUARTER PANEL Removal instructions

Link 2011 Ford Edge 200 Series Remote Start DIY (BB5Z-19G364-C) Hood switch Installation Instructions 

Link:  Edge Form - Adding Remote Access to 2013 edge xlt

Link: DA8Z-19G364-A Remote Start

Link Ford Edge Forum - Comprehensive List of Possible Forscan Mods

Link: 2013 Edge - Remote Start Kit - 100 Series Plug n Play (BC3Z19G364A) installation & Activation

Link: Explorer Forum - Remote Start

I am guessing that BC3Z-19G364-A is Kit that combines the following parts from above

- DA8Z-19G364-A 5 button keys only. $241.95

- DA8Z-15603-A Antenna Kit. $25.30

Which IKT;s Should i Get?    MY OEM keys are 3 button and My 2014 SEL has w/o power lift gate.  I have programmed late 90;s fobs to it and they have trunk release buttons, but they do not release the liftgate for manual opening.   On my Mariner it releases the liftglass. Since the ford Edge has no lift glass; is the double press trunk button able to be enabled for vehicles w.o power liftgate?   I think I answered my own question, but is the trunk button only meant to power liftgate.  Since I have no plan to add power liftgate, would I be best off with 4-button remote start?

Update: 4/28

I'm going to order the following and see how it goes.

- antenna module with rf cable and 2 keys

- a hood pin switch

I feel the RMST module may not be required.

Update:5/3 .  The kit arrives on Tuesday. I'm anxiously waiting.  I'll only cut one of the keys for now; as the primary driver is the one that cares for this feature.

Edited by thesavo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, This worked. I can confirm you can install ford a Ford Plug n Play remote start kit in a 2014 ford Edge SEL w/o power liftgate. These Kits are sold for F150, and super-duty trucks.   Watch any truck install video and it give you an idea.  The pictures from another post show where the target module is behind the driver's rear quarter trim panel.  Use care when pulling it out.  I did not take a picture, but you don;t have to rip the entire panel out.  Just pull it back near the top of the seat belt.  The TPM module is mounted to the Trim panel. 

Purchased parts

- BT4Z-19G366-A Hood Switch

- BC3Z-19G364-A Remote start kit.  2 (generic) keys, antenna, and RF cable.

I did not have to mess with As-Built codes as it had "presets" ready to go for BdyCM and IPC module.

IPC changes were expected from previous posts.  With all the Remote options added, just one row  of AS-built changed.

BdyCM changed as expected, however, it did change block 57.   I compared exports before, after and then compared them with win-merge.   I forget to take screenshots of block 57 in forscan.  

Since the Keys were clones, the Key Transponder had to be programmed separately from the remote built in to the key had.  For the remote part, I had to program with 8 key cycles then press buttons on the remote.   For some reason, generic keys are just a transponder pill and and remote fob kluged together

The Clone keys have a 2x button, but it takes 3 presses after lock to start the car remotely.  I am not sure why, but it does guarantee a start every time.

remote-ICP_before-v2.png

remote-bcm-v2.png

block-57.png

Here are links to amazon items that I ordered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08YQT3V2Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BI1CHCE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by thesavo
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

I've just successfully installed remote start in my 2015 Edge with the Starter-X Kit, link below. Installation was easy and only took about 20 minutes, mostly because the plastic below the steering wheel was being stubborn. I was also able to activate the remote start dash functions with a forscan USB module. Tons of helpful conversations on the forums about the ELM module. I'm looking forward to this winter! ?

Amazon Link

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 7:16 PM, thesavo said:

OK, This worked....

Thanks for this thread, and thesavo posts... especially the FORScan codes!  

I ordered some parts and will give it go.

Edit:  I needed the 5-button remote, and the key programming for the 5-button was different than the '8 times cycling ignition on and off' method.  I posted what worked for me and some photos in my build thread--->  HERE

Edited by Scarrz