Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Adding OEM Remote Start - Kits & Parts Explained (detailed) - 2011+

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   candurin

candurin

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 872 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:57 PM

You may be able to try and add the long range/bi-directional antenna and see if that helps.

Part number is DL3Z-15603-C

Edited by candurin, 10 December 2015 - 07:58 PM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#82 OFFLINE   lucidity

lucidity

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

Factory alarm does not have a shock sensor. I enabled mine. Just simply remove the jumper plug

Happy New Year TRMN8TR.

I sadly just found out that the factory installed Perimeter Alarm is a real joke... not a "perimeter" alarm at all.

Some a-hole tried to break into my 2015 edge Titanium (302a). Front passenger window. Tried to pop the glass by hammering a screwdriver between the column and glass 5 times. The glass went into shards, not cubes, and yet did not actually break away. The vandal left with nothing but left me with over $2000 in damages.

The incident was caught on security camera. The whole time he was pounding on the glass, maybe even a kick, the alarm did not go off.

I thought the Perimeter Alarm would activate but it turns out it is only for door and trunk/hatch opening.

You say above you enabled the factory alarm shock sensor by removing a jumper.

Could you please be a bit more specific, ie) is it labelled? Is the module in the same spot as the 2014? Any other info you might have....

Thanks

Edited by lucidity, 04 January 2016 - 08:42 PM.

#83 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 6,951 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:39 PM

Ugh, sorry to hear, Lucidity.  Hope the Edge gets fixed fast & right.

#84 OFFLINE   chiefgeek

chiefgeek

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Edge's Year:2014

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:09 PM

2014 Edge Limited - manual lift gate

I just got a 2 key system from fairway ford on ebay $199 + $17 for hood switch.  IDS from china.

Installed system in about 15 min, would have been quicker but I mounted antenna over one of the trim retaining clip holes (DOH!)

Tried to learn new key fobs to car, only one would program other one gave error in information window.

Took the two key fobs to Home Depot and had them cut for free, sales person was scared that he might ruin the keys (he thought they had transponders in them)

Installed IDS in VM on Mac, that took 2 hours (total PITA).

Connected IDS to car, enabled security module.

Remote start vehicle -- SUCESS!

Thanks to everyone for providing the info to make this possible.

#85 OFFLINE   rbates9

rbates9

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 6 posts
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:13 PM

Hello everyone! I'm new here and it looks to be a great forum.

I just aquired a 2013 Edge and installed the antenna and hood switch for the remote starter, maybe getting it turned on tomorrow. But my question is, is there a key fob (just the fob not a complete key) avalable that will work with this system? Or is the key with buttons the only option? I think I read somewhere that you can only have 4 keys programed to the car and I don't really want to not be able to use the original non remote starter keys just incase I need them down the road. Thanks

#86 OFFLINE   nickyb

nickyb

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

I feel like I am also beating a dead horse but this is kind of confusing to me. I have a 13 Edge SE, manual lift gate. Does anyone know what this would require. I see some people say I need the VSS, some people say just an antenna. Is it obvious to figure out exactly what I need? If there is no place to plug in an antenna then I would need the VSS, or not necessarily? Has anyone just got a key, turned everything on through Forscan for shits and giggles to try it? 

#87 OFFLINE   candurin

candurin

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 872 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:31 AM

Your SE would have nothing from the factory.

You need the VSS (also referred to as RMST/Remote Starter in older kits), RFR antenna and IKT for short range operation.

If you want long range/bidirectional operation you need to add a long range aerial antenna and corresponding key fob.

For smart phone operation you can add the remote access unit and pay the $50/year.

You also need a hood switch for any of the aforementioned options. You may even need the wiring for it, but you'll have to check.

Have a look at kits and part numbers in the OP and feel free to ask away.

#88 OFFLINE   candurin

candurin

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 872 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

Hello everyone! I'm new here and it looks to be a great forum.

I just aquired a 2013 Edge and installed the antenna and hood switch for the remote starter, maybe getting it turned on tomorrow. But my question is, is there a key fob (just the fob not a complete key) avalable that will work with this system? Or is the key with buttons the only option? I think I read somewhere that you can only have 4 keys programed to the car and I don't really want to not be able to use the original non remote starter keys just incase I need them down the road. Thanks

The single button fobs only work with the long range antenna. If you only have the short range (RFR) antenna then your limited to the IKTs. You can always add the long range aerial antenna and a transmitter easily, without any dealership visit required!

I have two knock-off remote start IKTs (still working perfectly after quite a few years) and I keep my OEM, non-remote start keys stashed away for safe keeping.

You can have up to 8 IKTs/FOBs per system. IA (push button) cars are limited to 4.

As long as you have two functioning key transmitters, you're always good to go, remote start or not.

Edited by candurin, 02 January 2017 - 10:43 AM.

#89 OFFLINE   Gortty-Pilot

Gortty-Pilot

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 18 posts
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted Yesterday, 07:10 PM

Candurin,

Do you know if it's possible to just add the remote access kit? I use a chinese switch-blade key that I want to keep using and my car is in a secure parking garage at work, so Im not worried about needing an alarm. I will not have line of sight, so I don't expect the normal remote start keys to wirk and I'd rather use my phone.

Im hoping I can add it and use Forscan to enable remote start on the Edge. I do know a dealer trip will be needed to enable remote access for the pin/app.

Any thoughts?

#90 OFFLINE   candurin

candurin

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 872 posts

Posted Today, 11:29 AM

as long as you have the remote start or VSS module, you can add the remote access to it and you're good to go.

At a minimum you need to have a remote start or VSS.

You can keep your key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users