So I took a look at the bulb. There didn't seem to be any wires in the way. So I turned it and the wedge moved to the inside. So I turned it again and it is now in the 12 o'clock position. That is good for me because it gets cutoff by the shutter and you can only see it if you turn the brights on.

That got me to check the driver's side and it has a wedge too that I didn't see before. It is at the 5 o'clock position (if you are sitting in the driver's seat). I couldn't see it before when I drove at night, so I don't think it is a huge issue. The driver's side bulb is always a huge pain in the butt to change, so I am going to drive around to see if I really notice a degradation of light output or not. If not, I will change it the next time I have the bumper off.

I will also see if rotating the bulb has changed the hot spot on the passenger side too. Ill update when dusk falls.

• Like 1

So looks like everything is good now. I can no longer see the wedges of missing light and the hot spot on the passenger side is gone. My parking spot is not level, so the lights don't seem straight.

Lights on:

20150320_193148_zpsnpr2trlg.jpg

Brights on:

20150320_193156_zpsygmgg5du.jpg

Final thoughts:

Overall I am very happy with the HIDs. If you live in an area that is not lit up very well, or out in the country, these HIDs would provide great output. I did not have 55W HIDs before, mine old ones were 35W, but these far out preform those. Proper height of the projectors has prevented oncoming traffic to not be blinded. You could get a sense of what these would look like if you saw projector lights from an Audi or BMW. They are quite bright. Very happy with this installation and purchase.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My driver's side headlight bulb changed colors on me about a month ago. It changed to about the 4300 temperature range. So I ordered new bulbs, replacing both sides at the same time hoping that DDM tests and ships the same temperature bulbs to me.

I purchased 9006 type 5500k bulbs here:

http://ddmtuning.com/Products/UltraHIDBulb

Here is the before and after bulb replacement picture. I was parked in front of a slanted wall, so the light/bright spots are skewed:

Bulb%20change_zpsu0mnwbax.jpg

Below on the left is the new bulb purchased to replace and the original is on the right. The original bulbs both had cloudy glass around the middle part of the bulb:

20161008_132823_zpsxhsauqyd.jpg

I did not have to cut any tabs to fit the bulbs in. However, I did remove the headlight units to replace the bulbs like I did for the original installation.

20161008_132949_zpsqttdnajx.jpg

Took about 1 hour to get everything taken apart and back together. Tested the lights and everything looks good. So I'm looking at about 1.5 years before I have to change them again if they last the same amount of time as the old ones did.

Edited by Cellbine
  • Like 1

My 4 year old 35/5000 DDM kit is still kickin but I did have to warranty a bad ballast during the first year. Probably the best fifty bucks I've spent on her!!

Nice, I didn't contact them about warranty. Ill have to email them and see what the process is. Replacement bulbs were only $35 after shipping though, so not much impact on my wallet. That is great that you have been able to run yours for 4 years though! I hope these new ones run that long.

My TRS bulbs (5500k) from 2012 are still as good as new and my wife's DDM 4300k are also chugging along since 2010!

Looks great CB.

Thanks! TRS was probably a good investment. I remember from forum posts a while back that TRS is a much more expensive option for people to take, but seems that you pay for what you get =). I'm still really enjoying this Ultra HID kit.

Glad to see ya posting again, Cellbine! No kickback from local officials for your HIDs, tho?

Hey Perf, no kickback. Seems that anything goes here in Korea as for lights though. However, I made sure to angle these lights so they aren't blinding anyone. They are really bright and have been great on the road.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Your beam pattern doesn't look nearly as good as the picture a year ago. Any chance the 55W ballast burnt up the projectors?

My driver's side headlight bulb changed colors on me about a month ago. It changed to about the 4300 temperature range. So I ordered new bulbs, replacing both sides at the same time hoping that DDM tests and ships the same temperature bulbs to me.

I purchased 9006 type 5500k bulbs here:

http://ddmtuning.com/Products/UltraHIDBulb

Here is the before and after bulb replacement picture. I was parked in front of a slanted wall, so the light/bright spots are skewed:

Bulb%20change_zpsu0mnwbax.jpg

Below on the left is the new bulb purchased to replace and the original is on the right. The original bulbs both had cloudy glass around the middle part of the bulb:

20161008_132823_zpsxhsauqyd.jpg

I did not have to cut any tabs to fit the bulbs in. However, I did remove the headlight units to replace the bulbs like I did for the original installation.

20161008_132949_zpsqttdnajx.jpg

Took about 1 hour to get everything taken apart and back together. Tested the lights and everything looks good. So I'm looking at about 1.5 years before I have to change them again if they last the same amount of time as the old ones did.