2012-13 edge sport awd vs 2011-13touareg awd

i have driven an edge sport but it has been a while. We drove a gas v6 touareg on a really windy country road and loved it. I am torn between the awd touareg and the edge sport awd. The edge wins on looks hands down but i am concerned about road noise. The touareg seemed really quiet inside. my big concern with a vw is maintenance and repair costs, i would assume they are quite a bit more expensive than a ford. thankyou

With German vehicles, getting a warranty that suits your length of ownership is key, next to having a good servicing dealership. After the warranty, probably best to trade it in, unless you are a] in love with it or b] have the personal funds for its' upkeep or c] both.

http://www.truedelta.com/Volkswagen-Touareg/problems-284

http://www.truedelta.com/Volkswagen-Touareg/reliability-284/vs-Edge-728

If you are hands-on, you can take off the body panels and add DynaMat or some such sounddeadening material. Also, from what I hear, adding the material to the cargo cover area is also very effective. And finally filling in the "blank" spaces under the hood mat (if any) yields substantial results. Not very much cost for the results obtained. When the tires wear out, change to quieter tires if you like.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

VW has some of the highest care and feeding costs of any manufacturer. I run a repair shop for a living and I warn new VW owners that every fluid that they take is special. If you own a Volkswagen you can never use what most people would consider normal fluids. That along with the high cost of parts and oeverengineered systems make owning a Volkswagen almost as expensive as owning a Mercedes Benz.