#21 OFFLINE   mindawyn

mindawyn

New Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 80 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Edge's Year:2014

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:59 AM

I ordered my 14 Limited AWD in March of Last year and got it in August.  I have not reset the main fuel average, just the trip counters and with 17,000 miles on it, and driving 68 mph, I am showing average of 21.2 and between fill-ups, my average is 21.5 to 22.6.

I noticed a big improvement at about 9K and then again at 12K.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   jcas

jcas

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

You'll get slightly better MPG once the weather warms up.  WInter fuel does not do as well as summer, not to mention the warm up for heat thing already discussed.

#23 OFFLINE   breeze90

breeze90

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

I've had a 2017 Edge Titanium 2.0L Ecoboost AWD for almost a month now. I bought it used with ~30k miles on it and I've put around 2000 miles on it so far. I do mostly city driving with some highway here and there so my average MPG has not been great...roughly 20 MPG average for the first few weeks I had the car. Granted, I don't always watch my foot, and I did have fun with sport mode a few times.

Last weekend we took a trip to the beach so I decided to keep a close eye on the highway MPG to see how that went and I was thoroughly impressed! The total trip was 740 miles round-trip (~90% highway) and my average fuel economy came out to 30.9 MPG. I kept cruise control around 67-73 mph while on the highway, except for a couple of cities we went through that had a good bit of traffic and cruise control wasn't worth it. 

Overall, I really like this car, although I wish the AWD model had the auto engine stop, to help with fuel economy in my day-to-day city driving.

Attached Files

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and omar302 like this

#24 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 9,008 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:46 AM

Be glad you do not have the auto stop start.  While it may be better on fuel economy, it is quite hard on the engine.

• breeze90 likes this

#25 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,921 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:48 AM

Be glad you do not have the auto stop start.  While it may be better on fuel economy, it is quite hard on the engine.

All components have been upgraded to account for the extra stress.

Keep in mind hybrids have been doing this for almost 2 decades with no problems.

#26 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:15 AM

How is an engine not running harder on it than running?

Cold starts are hard on an engine, but the auto stop start won't let it turn off when it's still cold.

#27 OFFLINE   Ntrain2k

Ntrain2k

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 335 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:55 AM

Be glad you do not have the auto stop start. 

My rental had it. I found it annoying as hell.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MPG, AWD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users