Battery Saver System malfunction in 2011 Edge

Janet Willard

I've owned a 2011 Edge since 2011 and when the weather is cold (below 20 degrees) I get a message on my in touch screen that the battery saver system has malfunctioned, restart your engine and turn the ignition off. Doing this gets the same result and I get the battery saver system has malfunctioned again. I've had the vehicle to a dealer twice and they cannot find a solution. Now when it is cold I get the message about the battery saver system and when I take the key out of ignition the radio stops working right away. Looking for some help, please

I've owned a 2011 Edge since 2011 and when the weather is cold (below 20 degrees) I get a message on my in touch screen that the battery saver system has malfunctioned, restart your engine and turn the ignition off. Doing this gets the same result and I get the battery saver system has malfunctioned again. I've had the vehicle to a dealer twice and they cannot find a solution. Now when it is cold I get the message about the battery saver system and when I take the key out of ignition the radio stops working right away. Looking for some help, please

Welcome to the community, Janet Willard! :dance:

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. Let me look into this further. What’s the mileage on your Edge?

I know this topic or issue has come up and I bet Ford Service could be of some help if they are watching this forum. Trica (Ford Service) WWWPerfA_ZN0W or Akirby any ideas?

macbwt,

Thanks for the mention, and the heads-up. I’ll see what I can do! :)

My first guess is always a bad battery...

x2 on worn/faulty battery, especially if it is OEM Ford/Motorcraft that was shipped with the vehicle (most people seem to get 3 years or so out of it)...

Hey guys,

As always, I love the support that you all give each other. I’m spreading some love your way, by helping you save some cash on future maintenance here. The Ford Owner website gives you the ability to schedule service, take advantage of great offers/rebates, and much more.

Let me know if you need anything! B)

Tricia

• Like 1

I have 33,051 miles on it. Battery was replaced by dealer last year and that hasn't solved the problem.

Hello Janet Willard,

Let me get this escalated. Please private message your full name, VIN, preferred dealer, and best daytime phone number. I’ll loop in a customer service manager for your region to assist. :)

Tricia

• Like 1

Hello Tricia,

I've also got a 2011 EDGE SE and I'm experiencing the same issue. Thought this was a battery issue however after having the battery replaced today, still have the problem.

Prior to reviewing this forum I thought possibly a charging issue ... Now I'm not so sure

Please add me too your list should you receive any insight into this issue.

Thank you.

Respectfully

Tim

Hello Tricia,

I've also got a 2011 EDGE SE and I'm experiencing the same issue. Thought this was a battery issue however after having the battery replaced today, still have the problem.

Prior to reviewing this forum I thought possibly a charging issue ... Now I'm not so sure

Please add me too your list should you receive any insight into this issue.

Thank you.

Respectfully

Tim

Welcome to the community, TimDuprey! :)

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. Let me look into this further. What’s the mileage on your Edge?

:(I don't seem to be able to private message.

A new wrinkle to the problem: it has been pretty cold the last couple of days and the message hasn't come up on my screen and the last time I think it come on the weather was snowy & cold. Could the problem be moisture & temperature related?

Janet Willard,

Don’t worry, I’ll private message you! ;)

Tricia

Hi Janet and Tricia,

Thank you for the reply ... I found this site by surfing the issue you are also having ... Tricia ... perhaps the Ford Dealers could put together some type of business card informing those that purchase an EDGE of this website ... it does appear to be a viable source of information.

Janet .. I'm not entirely sure how the IM works ... and whether I need to enable .. but you can fee free to e-mail me .. tduprey@rochester.rr.com

I too am experiencing this issue when it seems to be EXTREMELY cold .. it's been at or below 0 for a couple weeks and unfortunately I hadn't started the EDGE in a 2-3 day span ... I first experienced 'The Message' a couple months ago during another cold snap .. I had been traveling via the thru-way for 2-1/2 hours when I stopped at a rest stop, turned off the ignition and the radio did not continue to operate like it usually would, however displayed the 'Battery Saver' message.

I just called my dealer and although they've only seen it once in another vehicle, they don't recall how they corrected the issue .. "I think we replaced the Battery" .. when I said I just did that they said .. "I think we upgraded the software" ..

Now they want me to bring my EDGE in for a diagnostic .. I can see it now $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sorry to bore you .. but usually a 'Battery Saver' message means the battery is low or not properly charging .. these systems all seem fine.

Tricia . Thank you .. I appreciate your assistance and attentiveness to this forum!

Respectfully,

Tim

Janet,

Getting everything into motion and the problem resolved? Keep us updated.

:(I don't seem to be able to private message.

A new wrinkle to the problem: it has been pretty cold the last couple of days and the message hasn't come up on my screen and the last time I think it come on the weather was snowy & cold. Could the problem be moisture & temperature related?

Hi Janet and Tricia,

Thank you for the reply ... I found this site by surfing the issue you are also having ... Tricia ... perhaps the Ford Dealers could put together some type of business card informing those that purchase an EDGE of this website ... it does appear to be a viable source of information.

Janet .. I'm not entirely sure how the IM works ... and whether I need to enable .. but you can fee free to e-mail me .. tduprey@rochester.rr.com

I too am experiencing this issue when it seems to be EXTREMELY cold .. it's been at or below 0 for a couple weeks and unfortunately I hadn't started the EDGE in a 2-3 day span ... I first experienced 'The Message' a couple months ago during another cold snap .. I had been traveling via the thru-way for 2-1/2 hours when I stopped at a rest stop, turned off the ignition and the radio did not continue to operate like it usually would, however displayed the 'Battery Saver' message.

I just called my dealer and although they've only seen it once in another vehicle, they don't recall how they corrected the issue .. "I think we replaced the Battery" .. when I said I just did that they said .. "I think we upgraded the software" ..

Now they want me to bring my EDGE in for a diagnostic .. I can see it now $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sorry to bore you .. but usually a 'Battery Saver' message means the battery is low or not properly charging .. these systems all seem fine.

Tricia . Thank you .. I appreciate your assistance and attentiveness to this forum!

Respectfully,

Tim

Hi Tim,

I like how you think. Forums generally aren't Ford affiliated, so I'm not sure that's an option. I'll be happy to look into your concern further; what's your mileage?

Meagan