Ford finally posted an official picture of the Cognac interior

cab2g

Here is another video with Cognac interior on 2015 Edge. enjoy

Does that look more chocolate color?

Now that's confusing. I saw another video that was taken outdoors and the leather looked lighter like this video, which was taken indoors. But If you "build your own" 301A or 302A titanum and select "Cognac perforated leather" The color is much darker than the official picture. I wish Ford would make up their minds. To be honest, I'm a little sad that the Cognac interior is not available with Deep Impact Blue. I think that'd be a great combo. It's available with Bronze Fire, though, which may be nice. Otherwise you have your choice in either black, white or any grayish color in between

The dealer should have some actual samples to look at. It's not Ford being wishy-washy - it's the pictures/videos and your monitor - it's difficult to get an accurate color representation online.

I believe that. My local dealer doesn't even have the 2015 brochures yet. I'm glad that Ford is taking their time releasing the 2015, but it's hard waiting so long to see some examples on dealer lots before making my final decision!

bad news, I talked with Ford through their web site chat feature and they said that the images for the cognac interior are computer-generated. That includes both the "build your own" tool and the image gallery picture I posted. So that means that the Youtube videos are probably closer to the actual color. It's a shame that the representation on the web site is so far off, especially the "build your own" tool.

here's the other youtube showing the cognac interior on a black Titanium

Here's the build your own tool:

cognac

Edited by cab2g

bad news, I talked with Ford through their web site chat feature and they said that the images for the cognac interior are computer-generated. That includes both the "build your own" tool and the image gallery picture I posted. So that means that the Youtube videos are probably closer to the actual color. It's a shame that the representation on the web site is so far off, especially the "build your own" tool.

here's the other youtube showing the cognac interior on a black Titanium

Yah even the outside color of vehicle pictures are computer generated. The pictures of Sport trim Electric spice does not even look close to real color the on YouTube videos.

Even real pictures will look different depending on digital filters and your monitor settings.

Luckily for me I work with calibrated monitors :) But yeah, I agree the white balance could be off on the youtube videos. But both videos are so close in color. They're probably pretty close to the real-life color. Also, one video is taken with indoor lighting and the other video is in direct sunlight. Both are still close.

That edge in the video is exactly what I would order. Grey with Cognac interior.... If only it could be a 2.7 sport.

I agree, I would have ordered the sport, but I am a little tired of a "black" interior which is the only interior offered again in the sport. I ordered the titanium with the soft ceramic interior and magnetic metallic. Understanding the "Sport" is a branded model. It you should be able to at least either get a dark interior or a light interior in the vehicle. Do the other "sport" models also offer only black such as the Explorer and the Fusion? Does the Shelby Mustang only have 1 interior as well?

• Like 1

I'll likely be waiting until I can get the 2.7 Ecoboost with a light interior (Sport, Platinum orTitanium). Also, for the new non-Microsoft Sync. I hope the wait isn't too long. November 2016?

I hope you mean November 2015 NOT 2016

I want to wait for Sport modle with 21' black wheels , driver package , heated steering wheel and ALL NEW SYNC 3 . Hopefully late summer of 2015

Edited by Jeff Maynard

i saw that video today as well.....for me personally i would have to drink a couple of bottles of cognac to order that color....maybe in a Rolls or bentley with the right interior trim, i dont think the black interior trim does it anything to "help" the color personally, but hey that is why they make more than one color anyway...someone will buy it, and then have a "shower scene" after they get in their garage and look at it again after the "fun" has worn off...

I ordered the Cognac with Magnetic exterior. It's a hit & miss looking at the Photoshop's and videos under weird lighting; I would have preferred seeing it 'live' beforehand. But, to be subjective as you were, I can't understand someone ordering the traditional 100 year old black interior which looks exactly like 100 000 000 other cars; as for the light colors, like ceramic, I guess it's ok if you always wear your space suit and get sanitized before going in.

Just pulling your leg .. but there might be a subliminal message in there somewhere...

• Like 1