2014 EDGE with only 7500 miles wont start suddenly

Keri Todd

I have a 6 month old Ford Edge with only 7500 miles on it that suddenly wont start. I bought it from inside the showroom with less than 2 miles on it & It has always cranked fine until tonight. I went outside to get something out of the car and my key fob would not unlock the car so I used the key lock on the door to get in and notice I had no interior lights on at all & no radio screen and only backlit lights on the dash came on. I put the key into the ignition and it made some horrible noises from the rear speakers that sounded like feedback and then I noticed a clicking noise in the back also. I tried to crank it again and only got clicking from the hood. I did some research and saw many people have had these issues and also mentioned the "battery save mode off" message was appearing on the screen and I realized my car has also been having that message for a few months but I thought it was due to the cold weather since it had started around the same time. We live in SC so its not like it gets or stays very cold and even with 30 degree temps its worked fine but today we hit 72 degrees and the car wont start! I have an extended warranty also but I use my car for work and I am trying to figure out how to get it to the dealer also....any trick to cranking it so I can get it to the dealer?? I have attached a video as an example.

Thanks in advance!

K

IMG_3761.MOV

Sorry to hear about this problem! could be a bad battery/trans shifter etc. Did you check the cables/terminals? No corrosion, tightly fastened, etc.? Try moving the shifter to N (neutral) and then starting.

Does your insurance have tow/rental coverage? You can also talk with the dealer see if they will do that for you for free, seeing as how new your Edge is. They will need to run a thorough diagnostic anyway, so that will take time. Do you have the Ford extended warranty or some other ...

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W