Remote Access - Part No: DL3Z-19A390-B

I am picking my car up tonight around 5. I was trolling around and see they offer a remote access option (link.) The dealer said I would need a security system also installed. I did not order the package with remote start for my sport however, it does have some sot of security installed. It doesn't say anything on the site about needing the security system installed. I assume this is what he meant, link.)

Are these parts plug and play or do I need the dealer to do the installation? I understand that there is a yearly fee for remote access. He said the remote access is $375 and the security option is $347.Seems expensive.

I tried to find some information on the forum but lucked out.

Anyone have information maybe from a previous generation?

I inquired when I picked it up and it is around $675 installed since I need the security system thing and the remote start. As cool as it is, it seems rather pricey for what you get. I guess the remote start system is all plug and play but the security system needs a little more work to get in place. Either way, doesn't seem like my wife would let me spend that much anyway. :)

• 1 month later...

So after spending a few hours this morning trying to install the remote access my dealer gave up. The control module apparently connects like it should however cannot properly communicate with the remote starter pre-installed at the factory. Supposedly my dealer called Ford and this is a known issue with the remote access and 2015 Edges but currently there is no fix. My dealer refunded me and said they would call when they get news of a fix from Ford.

Has anyone heard anything different, or had the remote access successfully installed on their 2015 Edge?

This seems strange. When you go to the Ford Accessory website for remote access for 2015 edge its shows

Remote Access

Part No: DL3Z-19A390-B

Vehicle Notes: Requires Vehicle Security Kit 19A361 at an additional cost.

Under the kit 19A361 you can click on compatible vehicles and only the 2015 edge is shown where as on the 1st part number it shows multiple years for the edge. The actual links to both parts are below, With it only showing the 2015 edge you would think Ford tested it. I wonder if your dealership has the wrong part. Maybe they have the one for the 2014 edge.

http://accessories.ford.ca/aerial-asy-10667.html Click on view compatible vehicles

http://accessories.ford.ca/electronic-module-10896.html Click on view compatible vehicles

Edited by Hum099

I thought this as well but they did try both parts and neither worked. Apparently Ford corporate knows it's an issue and is working on a fix but I agree they shouldn't list it as compatible on the website when right now it isn't!

• 3 months later...

Update:

Dealer installed the remote access system today in my Edge. Took them a few hours and required 2 parts. So far it works great tested lock, unlock, start on LTE and wifi networks. System takes a few seconds to send the command then the phone vibrates to indicate it was received. Annual subscription is $49.99. I wish it was cheaper to install especially since my Edge had regular remote start from factory but I know I will be very happy I have it come wintertime.

• Like 1