2011 Edge Fluctuating AC Speed

Hello All,

I have a 2011 Ford Edge Limited with Sync. No matter what air speed we set the AC at it fluctuates from the Selected Fan Speed to low, repeatedly. The cars AC wont stay on a constant speed no matter what setting i have it on. Also the in dash Thermostat that reads outside temp stays stuck on 46 degrees or fluctuates from 46 to 47. Im in Florida its 80 degrees.

I tried taking the negative off the battery to reset the system, but to no avail.

Any help please!

Danny in Florida

The temp remaining at the 46 degree mark or around there would suggest a bad sensor. I don't know the exact location, but it should be near the front of the car under the hood. May be near the A/C condenser. Part 12A647 in this schematic for a 2013 Edge. Should be a simple plug and play replacement part.

post-6528-0-40866600-1427806534_thumb.jpg

Price was shown for around $13.00 from this parts supplier. http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2013&m=Ford&mo=Edge#

I don't know if the sensor reading wrong would affect your fan speed if your auto climate is on. Have you tried running the fan with the auto settings off?

Edited by ls973800

The temp remaining at the 46 degree mark or around there would suggest a bad sensor. I don't know the exact location, but it should be near the front of the car under the hood. May be near the A/C condenser. Part 12A647 in this schematic for a 2013 Edge. Should be a simple plug and play replacement part.

attachicon.gifTemp Sensor.jpg

Price was shown for around $13.00 from this parts supplier. http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2013&m=Ford&mo=Edge#

I don't know if the sensor reading wrong would affect your fan speed if your auto climate is on. Have you tried running the fan with the auto settings off?

Thanks IS973800. I will order this sensor and see if this resolves both issues. I will also try to change the climate settings from auto to off.. i dont think i've tried that yet.

I will keep you all posted.

Edited by danib1227

I ran the AC with Auto Function Off and that is when the AC is doing the fluctuating Fan Speed. It seems to be on rhythm with the temperature reading fluctuations.

When it reads 46degrees if blows low, then it reads correct temp to which it blows on selected speed. Then 5 seconds later it drops to 46 degrees to which the fan speed turns off.

If I turn on the Auto Function the AC will not blow at all. I should have the sensor by Wednesday. Hopefully it fixes the problems.

Danny in Florida

Thanks for the follow up and let us know if the new one solves the problem.

Im here to unfortunately post a follow up. The Sensor did nothing.. It is doing the same thing.

I also noticed that the Ambient Lighting is also dimming on and off to the same pattern as the air speed and temperature reading.

Im so clueless rght now.. and would hate to take it in.. to a StealerShip

Danny

• 1 year later...