I've got a rattle

I used a clear silicon on that area today. Thanks again guys for your attention to detail. It's what I live about most forums.

Did you hold the cover in place first with something while it dried?

Just trying to look at all options of a fix.

The "fastener" that holds the piece in wasn't that loose so I pulled the slack out

of it, squired some silicon between the frame and the black body part, then squired some silicon around the fastener before I pushed in into position. Let it set up. Dries pretty fast here in AZ.

Seems to have done the trick so far.

Silcon and duck-tape, a motocrosser' tool box!!!

I had another rattle but I found where he's coming from. It sound like "tic tic tic" coming from the back seat on the passenger side. It's the small clip under the seat who fix the seat in place. In case if someone else having the same rattle...post-35353-0-80522400-1433223709_thumb.jpg

Edited by Frank Drebin
  • Like 1

The "fastener" that holds the piece in wasn't that loose so I pulled the slack out

of it, squired some silicon between the frame and the black body part, then squired some silicon around the fastener before I pushed in into position. Let it set up. Dries pretty fast here in AZ.

Seems to have done the trick so far.

Silcon and duck-tape, a motocrosser' tool box!!!

My grommet is still in place, but there is a lot of play. I will grab my trusty tube of black silicone and add a couple squirts. That should take care of it. Thanks for those that figured this out.

Now, I just wait on the wet floor issue to have a better solution. Mine is not leaking but damn, if it was, I would be p*ssed.

My grommet is still in place, but there is a lot of play. I will grab my trusty tube of black silicone and add a couple squirts. That should take care of it. Thanks for those that figured this out.

Now, I just wait on the wet floor issue to have a better solution. Mine is not leaking but damn, if it was, I would be p*ssed.

I think it is safe to say, if it isn't leaking now and your car has been in a rainstorm/car wash, you may not see the issue. This doesn't sounds like something that is failing. Sounds to me like something was done right during production (Like a missing seal, grommet, etc..). At least, for my sake, that is the case. Because 6 months from now if this issue pops up on mine, I'll be pretty damn mad. Even though by then they should have a good handle on the exact process to use to eliminate the issue.

After every rain, I've been checking just in case. I truly feel bad for those that are dealing with this. A rattle, a shutter, a light coming on, etc. can be frustrating but it normally doesn't cause damage. Water leak is just a pain because of the possibility of mold and musty smell. I have a '11 Mustang GT that has that crap chinese transmission in that has been notchy from they day it rolled off the line. Ford didn't put much, if any, time in to it. So forum members had to take it upon themselves to find some fixes that helped. I hope Ford doesn't do the same again with this issue.

• Like 1

And my grommet was the same. It was in place, but had a bunch of play. I could tap it with my hand and replicate the sound without an issue. My 3M tape is holding so far. I'm taking her down a few bumpy roads this weekend so we'll see if it holds. If not, i'll go the silicone route.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up my 2015 Edge last Monday and on the way home I heard the noise.

Everyone here describes my noise exactly.

My first thought was loose seat belt adjuster. Not the problem.

I got under the vehicle and my plastic cover is loose too.

I have an appointment today with service dept to see if they have a fix.

I hate to think with all the money we spend on the Edge it is held together with tape.

If they do not have a fix I will tighten it as stated above and move on.

Thanks for all the information.

It was driving me nuts!!

I just picked up my 2015 Edge last Monday and on the way home I heard the noise.

Everyone here describes my noise exactly.

My first thought was loose seat belt adjuster. Not the problem.

I got under the vehicle and my plastic cover is loose too.

I have an appointment today with service dept to see if they have a fix.

I hate to think with all the money we spend on the Edge it is held together with tape.

If they do not have a fix I will tighten it as stated above and move on.

Thanks for all the information.

It was driving me nuts!!

The problem is the fastener they use allows for too much slack. So they either need to use a different fastener that can bring that plastic piece right up against the body tight. Or do like we did and throw some 3M tape on it.

I found the cover under the Edge Lexiion talked about and in an earlier post I said mine was very loose.

I had already made an appointment at the dealership for them to look at it so I took it this morning.

Because of the help I found here, I told the body shop manager about the pin not holding it tight enough and the noise was driving me crazy.

He removed the small pinch pin and inserted a much larger and thicker one.

It was immediately firmed up and not loose at all.

I have driven over 50 miles today, mostly at 40 - 50 mph and NO NOISE!

Thanks for all the help

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, for whatever it's worth, my 2015 Edge Sport doesn't have that noise problem, but my 2013 Fusion...that's another story. I heard the low drumming noise above 60 MPH, and I kind of thought of those aero panels right away. Sure enough the push pin on the right rear, leading edge of the panel was loose, and was allowing the panel to vibrate at speed. My fix of choice was a tube of epoxe glue, liberally squirted between the panel and the body, and left with a portable jack overnight, pushing the panel against the "frame" to set up. After that, the panel was tight, and the noise gone. I kind of expect the same on the Edge, as the system used to secure the panels looks the same as the Fusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I have rattle in my new Edge but it doesn't seem to be from the places you all are talking about. It seems to be coming from the driver's side door upper speaker or the driver's side vent closest to the driver's side window. It is driving me nuts. I took it to the dealership and they claimed they could not hear the rattle but they are going to replace the speaker anyway. It rattles over bumps but I also notice it rattles more when people are talking on the radio, so that's why I'm assuming it is the speaker. Anyone else have this same problem?

• 4 weeks later...

thank you! it solved my rattling problem on 2013 Edge SEL AWD. Went to dealer A 3 times, check both doors on drivers' side; dealer B once. The noise was driving me crazy! although it look different from underneath with 2015 model, it is the same rear pushpin for the plastic cover! started to have the problem at about 40k. Now 50k, finally solve it by myself! Thank you!

• Like 1

I have had my 2015 Edge for 2 weeks.I noticed a rattle/vibration under the passenger side dash. It doesn't make the noise until I go over 60 and it still makes it when the ac and radio are both off. It drives me crazy. The car is brand new and shouldn't have any rattles yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the samething on mine the wife got in the back seat driver side and thought it was in the back end storage area it just happens over 40, have about 10000 miles on mine now. took it by the ford garage for the recall told them about it said they didn't have time to mess with it didn't suggest setting a time when they did have time guess Ford isn't to interested have to keep that in mind when I trade next year.

took it by the ford garage for the recall told them about it said they didn't have time to mess with it didn't suggest setting a time when they did have time

WTF...your dealer is a idiot!

The noise come from the back rest of the back seat (passenger side) for sure. To test it...fold the split 40 (right side) of your back rest. While driving over 60 and hearing noise...push lateraly (toward the door) on the back rest and the noise is suppose to disappear...

Try it and give me a feed back.

PS: the dealer haven't fix my problem yet. They tried but...they failed.

WTF...your dealer is a idiot!

The noise come from the back rest of the back seat (passenger side) for sure. To test it...fold the split 40 (right side) of your back rest. While driving over 60 and hearing noise...push lateraly (toward the door) on the back rest and the noise is suppose to disappear...

Try it and give me a feed back.

PS: the dealer haven't fix my problem yet. They tried but...they failed.

Or it is the plastic cover under the car that the rest of us fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

I found it....

It is a cover underneath the car. The rear pushpin got loose and the cover will flatter while driving fast.

Some 3M tape and re-inserting the pushpin fixed the rattle. The cover scratched the paint on the floor.

Test drove and rattle is gone..

LEXiiON

Thanks for posting these pics. I don't here mine fluttering so to speak but I do think this is the culprit for a regular tock/snap sound that seems to come from behind the driver's seat near the floor (as far as I can tell) whenever I go over a bump or the weight shifts from side to side (like turning in or out of a parking lot and going up or down a small small grade). Do these covers protect anything critical? They're cheap plastic and it seems to me anything that could potentially do damage to the underside of the Edge would rip right through them anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same rattle. Took my titanium in for the leak recall and also informed them of the rattle which sounded to me as if coming from the rear driver side area inside the vehicle . Tech told mewhen I went to pick up that the rattle was not from inside of vehicle but under. He said he tightened a few things that appeared loose under the car which seem to have fixed it. So far the rattle appears to have gone.