I've got a rattle

I was so glad when I found that bottom shield loose. It was killing me having my brand new sport rattle. Looks like I will need to do a more permanent solution than "push it back in" as it has returned!

Frank, No chance that is the spare tire or jack tightened down enough? if you take the spare out, make sure the jacks screw is tight as well.

I am adding a 12 in the back, so my rattles are just starting. Going to be fun tracking all of them down!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone solved the mystery yet? My rattle comes from behind the passenger seat, almost rear/lower door and back seat area. I took off the door panel to ensure something wasn't loose, but found nothing. I pounced seats in and attempt to create the noise, but no luck. The rattle still comes at random times, usually by hitting a bump over 40 mph. I'll keep looking

• Like 1

Anyone solved the mystery yet? My rattle comes from behind the passenger seat, almost rear/lower door and back seat area. I took off the door panel to ensure something wasn't loose, but found nothing. I pounced seats in and attempt to create the noise, but no luck. The rattle still comes at random times, usually by hitting a bump over 40 mph. I'll keep looking

Have you checked what was recommended in this thread?

I have a rattle that I thought was coming from behind the drivers seat near the floor. Tech drove around with me and found it was coming from above. When he pushed up on the headliner he could recreate the rattle. Found all of the plastic trim around the sunroof was loose. It was in the shop today and they said that they put some kind of mic in the car to isolate the rattle. They are saying it's the loose trim around the sunroof. The trim is very loose by the rear door drivers side and the very back on the passenger side near the hatch. They have ordered all new clips and will replace when they come in. Am I wasting my time what do you think. when the tech pushed up in the headliner the plastic on the top of the car would flex so it is possible that's the cause. Any thoughts????

I have a rattle that I thought was coming from behind the drivers seat near the floor. Tech drove around with me and found it was coming from above. When he pushed up on the headliner he could recreate the rattle. Found all of the plastic trim around the sunroof was loose. It was in the shop today and they said that they put some kind of mic in the car to isolate the rattle. They are saying it's the loose trim around the sunroof. The trim is very loose by the rear door drivers side and the very back on the passenger side near the hatch. They have ordered all new clips and will replace when they come in. Am I wasting my time what do you think. when the tech pushed up in the headliner the plastic on the top of the car would flex so it is possible that's the cause. Any thoughts????

There is a thread dedicated to headliner rattle. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I had a buzz rattle from the drivers side and found that the door to the fuse box was cause. Took it off and looks like rattle gone. HOWEVER, I haven't found the little one on the passenger side, will keep looking, I'm on a mission!

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed a rattle somewhere in the rear seat area - it turned out to be the little clips that connect the rear cargo cover to the rear seat headrest. I found that when the clips were removed from the headrest that solved the rattle problem. I noticed that the Lincoln version of the cargo cover did not have the small section with the clips.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After nearly 2500 miles on my 2015 (we had a trip to NC last week), I have heard a rattle in the dash but it turned out to be my keyring on my USB drive that I have connected. I have not noticed any other rattles that I cannot explain.

I hope you figure it out and let the group know.

I am having a problem with rattles on my Edge with 2000 miles. A rattle in the dash. This is my first Ford product and it may be my last. I am not impressed with this product. A vehicles with low miles show NOT RATTLE! Ford, are you listening????

Which area of the instrument cluster is it coming from? Perhaps someone else here has a simular problem and it was an easy fix.

FWIW, I've had rattles on every car I've owned, except for my current 09 MKX. Some I just learned to ignore and some drove me nuts. Fused around until I found and fix it.

Any possibility that it coming from outside the car (engine compartment or exhaust system) and being interpreted as coming from the instrument cluster?

I am having a problem with rattles on my Edge with 2000 miles. A rattle in the dash. This is my first Ford product and it may be my last. I am not impressed with this product. A vehicles with low miles show NOT RATTLE! Ford, are you listening????

I had what I thought was a rattle in the dash. Turned out to be the plastic cover behind the rear view mirror. The way the sound reflected off the windshield made it sound like it was coming from the dash compartment above the radio.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have this exact issue, Did you ever find a fix?

I also have this problem. I think it is between the cup holder itself and the plastic chrome top part of the center console. I can't quite figure out how to get the console area around the shifter open. I got the two side trim pieces off around the console though.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

The cover is underneath the rear door (towards the end of the door) on the bottom floor. It's a black plastic. You can tap on it and if it moves, that's your problem. There is a psuhpin on the rear end ... you can either push it back in (which i doubt will solve the issue...it might come loose again) or remove it, clean the floor and the cover and apply some 3M tape. Push the whole thing back in....

I assume, the passenger side cover will start to rattle soon, too. Same concept, same pushpin issue... i will fix it, when i hear rattle from that side, too.

On the first picture, you can see some of the 3M tape to the left....

LEXiiON

Same problem on 2017 Titanium. Did you put the tape on the cover or the floor pan? Thanks Edited by rags

• 5 years later...
On 5/25/2015 at 6:25 PM, WingNut said:

Here is a video I made pointing to the cover and front pin. On phone so can't embed right now

https://youtu.be/sHs14Yr0NUM

Wingnut, I've read all four pages of this old thread and believe this is my rattling problem on my 2022 Ford Edge Titanium.  I can see the two pics that LEXiiOn posted, but all the video are too old and the links don't work or the video no longer exist. Could you repost a new link to your video pointing to the cover and pushpin or a less close up picture.  I'm trying to visualize the location you guys are describing.