Sport 0-60 and 1/4 mile

Magnetic Edge

The tune is insane.....the 2.7tt is a tuners dream....with numbers like this just out of a tune:

quote from Livernois Motorsports...."This tune is good for peak vs. peak gains of over 103hp and 97tq, with maximum gains of over 111hp and 117tq!"

That would put the hp way over 400hp and torque would be knocking on 500ft/lbs.....thats stupid crazy on just a tune!

This puts to shame even some of the most tuner friendly engines such as the 3.0 2JZ-GTE!!

Im curious as to what the 2.7 can do when someone really puts the screws to it...ie exhaust, intake, bigger turbos, Procharger, nos, intercoolers, Meth.....ect....until it goes boom.....I bet that CGI block is one tough little beast!

Now I know why they didnt put the 2.7ecoboost in the mustang.....there would be no reason to buy the 5.0L.

MyCalibrator arrived, strategy code literally sent 15 minutes after arrival. Hoping Livernois can get that tune out before the weekend. If not, Monday will be test and tune with the VBOX regarding 0-60 and maybe some 40-80 runs...

Looking forward to hearing about the tune and performance improvements.....I might have to live vicariously for awhile.

One other thing to consider with the before track numbers...I am not certain what type of gas the dealer filled my Edge up when I took delivery. I would assume 87 to save $$. The very next day after taking delivery of the Edge I took it to the track. It had approx 200 miles on the clock.

However, the before tune did have a full tank of 93 so the HP number gains are apples to apples. My before track numbers could be slightly on the lower side due to milage and unknown fuel type.

I would bet octane and the fact that your car only had 200 miles on it contributed to the slow trap speed. Based on what I've seen in regards to published test, the trap speed should be closer to 100 mph stock.

First impression...wow what a difference. Part throttle response is a lot better. Tip in and it just moves now, no delay or lag. Shifts are much firmer with aggressive throttle and stockish feel at granny driving speeds. First and Second gear just rip. 3rd is much better but still feels kind of flat to me.... From a dead dig stabbing the gas the car is still soft out of the whole until it comes into boost and then it just puts you back in your seat. I'm sure this has to do with the fact that this a V6, heavy car, and slight turbo lag. Once it comes up on boost around 2500rpm its an animal. Brake TQ to 2500 with Traction Control off and it spins all 4 wheels through first. That right there puts a grin on your face from ear to ear. I'll try and get it back to the track in a few weeks to see the 1/4 gains. I'll run it with the stock tune and the 93 tune on the same day to be able to compare apples to apples. As I think my first time out my numbers were lower than expected.

Overall I am extremely happy with the tune.

So I have been running the 91 octane tune for 2 days now.....

Part throttle response very good. Shifts are firm and aggressive, remind me of my DSG in my GLi, quick quick quick.

First and second gear rip - second is IMPRESSIVE to say the least, like very impressive. 3rd is better but I agree, it feels kinda flat to me too.

NOW, I did a couple tests just to see what the 91 octane tune does with 0-60 as I didn't have 93 in the car, so I ran the 91 tune. Here is what it came back with..

4100 miles

Sport mode

Traction control OFF

52* out

1500 rpm launch

0-60 = 5.408 seconds (which is .568 seconds faster then my fastest run in stock mode 93 octane - 5.976).

0-60 (1 ft rollout) = 5.066

Now I am not sure Corey feels the same, but I feel like something weird (that flat third gear) is going on for some reason.... the reason I say this is the 0-50 mph time is 4.0 seconds flat, then takes almost 1.4 seconds just to go 10 mph (50-60) which seems odd to me.... maybe I need to mess with my testing a bit more, but I figure the time above will hold a couple people over until I do a 93 octane test with different launches.

Once I run out of the 91 octane, I will fill up with 93 octane perform a full report - I would expect around 5.1-5.2 0-60 depending on how the tune was developed and easily 0-60 with 1 foot roll out in the 4.9 second range!

• Like 2

GT500R, was 1500 rpm the highest you could launch at without spinning tires? Tested on the road or on the track?

Nope, just some prelim stuff to see what I could get off the cuff. Tested on the road (private ;) )

When I get the 93 tune loaded up I will do another 1K / 1.5K / 2K / Full throttle tests to see which is fastest.

• Like 2

Now I am not sure Corey feels the same, but I feel like something weird (that flat third gear) is going on for some reason.... the reason I say this is the 0-50 mph time is 4.0 seconds flat, then takes almost 1.4 seconds just to go 10 mph (50-60) which seems odd to me.... maybe I need to mess with my testing a bit more, but I figure the time above will hold a couple people over until I do a 93 octane test with different launches.

Once I run out of the 91 octane, I will fill up with 93 octane perform a full report - I would expect around 5.1-5.2 0-60 depending on how the tune was developed and easily 0-60 with 1 foot roll out in the 4.9 second range!

I agree 3rd gear feels like a turd compared to 1st and 2nd. I noticed a flat spot around 5100rpm. I talked to Livernois about it and they asked if I could bring it down by the shop and they will data log it and try to get to the bottom of whatever is going on. They did say that the intercooler on our cars suck and it could be the computer pulling timing due to IAT. Just been too busy to get back down there to sync up with them.

Looking forward to some track times to compare notes.

GT500R, was 1500 rpm the highest you could launch at without spinning tires? Tested on the road or on the track?

At the track on the last day before they shut down for the year in MI with no prep the sweet spot for me was 2200rpm. Anything more and the car would spin and short shift or it would wheel hop like crazy. On the street its a little more forgiving and 2500rpm works well. Anything more just spins the tires. I think the highest I was able to break tq was nearly 4000rpm but the car made some strange noises so I have not gone any higher than 2500-3000rpm since.

• Like 1

I agree 3rd gear feels like a turd compared to 1st and 2nd. I noticed a flat spot around 5100rpm. I talked to Livernois about it and they asked if I could bring it down by the shop and they will data log it and try to get to the bottom of whatever is going on. They did say that the intercooler on our cars suck and it could be the computer pulling timing due to IAT. Just been too busy to get back down there to sync up with them.

Looking forward to some track times to compare notes.

Appreciate you taking the time to help with getting a tune developed! If I could data log and send them info I definitely would.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Probably stupid question but is any tuner working with an Apple? Most I've seen so far state that they only work with Windows (some didn't say). Would hate to have to but a laptop just to get a tune :drool:

It is tough since a very small market share uses apple that it is frequently not worth the money, the other option over buying a laptop is look at running Windows in a Virtual Machine on the Mac. I know that is how we end up doing it at my work for the handful of crapbooks we have.