2015 Edge Sport arrived!

trsundstrom

Today I stopped at the dealer to thank the new car prep person for the wonderful detail job on my wife's 2007 Mustang yesterday. My sales person came out the door and said "don't get out... just drive around back." There it was, the Sport just off the convoy truck 30 minutes earlier. Whoa...

It sparkles in the sun. The wave-the-foot trick to open the hatch is very, very cool. I took a couple of quick pics, avoiding the chaos of dropping and moving new cars around. A number of sales and service persons came out to look at it. We'll pick up on Monday or Tuesday after dealer prep and the Xzilon treatment is applied.

post-33834-0-35261100-1429905971_thumb.jpg

post-33834-0-75787000-1429906042_thumb.jpg

post-33834-0-01575400-1429906099_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm so excited for you! We can all hope that ours comes sooner than expected:)

Is that Xzilon that you referred to like a scotch-guard protectant or something else?

Xzilon http://www.xzilon.com/ is a finish protection for the car finish and interior. Talking at length with the new car prep person who detailed my wife's Mustang (he said he recognizes how well we take care of our cars), he loves the product. Bugs and dirt don't embed in the finish, interior stays cleaner. Reading reviews online, comments seem positive. Since the dealer charge is less than 1% of the vehicle cost and there is a 5-year warranty, what the heck... go for the gusto. :-)

Nice more pics please.

Will do, but they will have to wait until I pick up the vehicle. I was in the way with the convoy truck unloading vehicles and the moving of product around the back lot. Although I've been their customer since 1979, I appreciated the opportunity to wander in where most buyers wouldn't be permitted. For those who came in late, it is a FWD Sport with the 401A option package and the vista roof. Went with the Sport's standard 20" wheels, which in the photo above are hidden by the plastic rim covers attached while in transit.

Picked up the Sport late today, but too late to take pictures. Had to return old plates to MV after being shown some of the basic controls. I need to go back to school for Mechanical and Electrical Engineering degrees. :-) I'll try setting up Sync and Sirius stuff tomorrow, plus photos.

First impressions on the 20-minute ride home: quiet, powerful (caught myself cruising at 75 thinking I was doing 40), acceleration beyond anything I expected from this size vehicle, braking is sensitive and will give one change of a dime. Vista roof is amazing. And the neatest thing is the front camera that showed me exactly how far I could pull the Edge into the garage without knocking into stuff at the back wall.

Synced my new Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone Bluetooth immediately on first try, uploaded the contact list (quick) and made a test phone call with voice commands. The logic was smart enough to ask me which number (home or mobile) to call, and the radio muted automatically while I was on the phone.

• Like 3

Have already done so, Rebecca, thanks. I can tell the account I'd working as the maps popped up. Spent some time programming AM/FM radio, but Sirius didn't recognize the new ESN. A couple of keyboard chats hopefully fixes that, but I won't know until later today to see if their activation works. I'm waiting for my engineering degrees from Ford... heh.

• Like 1

Cds71, I don't have my engineering degrees from Ford yet. I can't properly answer your question about the torque steering. I can say I find steering is quite responsive for my suburban and rural driving. FWIW I have "tested" both the D and S modes going quickly around an empty local traffic circle (aka a rotary), and my perception is that the S mode is a bit more responsive. No measurements, just a feeling based upon driving since since 1957. While I loved the very good 2006 Escape XLT I traded in, the Sport's handling is a quantum jump forward.

The Sirius connection came through, and the setup was easy enough albeit a bit time-consuming. Setting the preset for each AM/FM/Sirius station requires toggling between a "direct enter" screen and a "preset" screen for each preset entered. The "surround" setting sound on FM HD reception produces amazing sound.

Glad you and WWWPerfA_ZN0W liked the photos. They were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone camera, HDR mode, no post-processing.

Obviously we haven't put any mileage on the Sport in 2 days since delivery, but my wife and I really like it. We loved the fully-loaded 1993 Thunderbird Super Coupe we had, but the 2015 Sport is a brave new world.

Cds71, can't say that I noticed anything unusual in the steering on straight-line heavy acceleration, or exiting a traffic circle or merging onto an Interstate at speed. With <100 miles on it, maybe I haven't pushed the Sport hard enough yet. Acceleration away from traffic lights is, IMO, quite striking, and I have no qualms about pulling out into a busy road. (Not stupid either, just saying.) No sense of any hesitation.

FWIW, before garaging the Sport tonight, I took fore and aft pictures with lights on. The door was open in the front shot. The HID lamps are incredible. If anyone can't see the rear lights on approaching, that person is legally blind or totally drunk. Two photos are added to the Dropbox (link above).

HTH.

• 2 weeks later...

In the week-plus of driving the Sport around here, it is a head-turner when parked at the local pizza shop, post office and nursery. At the crowded nursery, the rear gate release thingie attracted the attention of drivers of a few new Japanese and Korean SUVs. "Wish I had that..." At the pizza place, several persons came in asking "who owns the red Ford?" Should all us owners get an advertising commission from Ford and our dealer? :)

• Like 1

That's a great looking ride!!

You'll like Xzilon treatment on the paint. It was done on my 2012 Taurus and the paint still looks new. The parking space for that car was in the flight path for all the local birds. I always tried to wash the droppings off as quickly as possible. But some days it just wasn't possible. The crap had a few days to do the damage. But it washed off with warm water and Maguire's Gold Class car wash. Opinions differ on whether or not the product is worth the price. Personally I vote yes.

Enjoy the new machine!!

XB70, thanks for the comments on the ride and info on the Xzilon treatment. Glad to read of your positive experience with it. I garage both cars, but right now we are also under attack from the holly tree pollen turning everything yellow. Cars, sidewalk, house roof, birdbaths... all coated. Achoo...

• 3 weeks later...