2016 Edge To Get Sync 3

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150427/OEM06/304279956/fords-sync-3-debut-vehicle-launches-are-out-of-sync

Sync 3 rollout
Some Ford and Lincoln nameplates will get Sync 3 for the 2016 model year while others will wait until the next model year.
2016: Ford C-Max, Edge, Escape, Expedition, Fiesta, Flex, Mustang, Transit; Lincoln MKC, MKS, MKT, Navigator
2017: Ford Explorer, Fusion, Transit Connect; Lincoln MKX, MKZ
Unclear: Ford F series, Focus, Taurus
Source: 2016 Ford Fleet Preview Guide, dealer order guides
Also new interior colors:
Edited by blankster

Very interesting that they are staggering the deployment times of Sync 3. Usually, that can mean packaging and/or compatibility issues. But for those with older vehicles, it seems they are out of luck.

I think the "staggering" only depends on when they start manufacturing the 2016 model. For example I know the 2016 MKX is is coming out in a couple months. The 2016 Edge will probably be in Q4 at the earliest due to the late release of the 2015 model.

It's a preview - most of the 2016 order guides aren't even out yet.

They are not putting in the 2015 Edge that is out now. You will have to wait for the 2016 Edge and the 2017 MKX to get SYNC 3. Why the Hmmm?

He's saying they're putting it in the 2016 Edge but not the new 2016 MKX. I think we'll need to wait and see.

• Like 1

I can't find the picture you posted on the Lincoln website. I don't think they've announced the engines yet. I was expecting a 3.0L EB.

That picture is from the build & price at the bottom of the 2016 MKX. The MKX will not be getting the 3.0EB. I saw the MKX at the NY Autoshow two weeks ago, and it looks much better in the person than the pictures and videos posted online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwPg_701fto

Edited by blitz118

Yeah I wouldn't put too much faith in that guide to be 100% correct. Just a quick glance at some of the stuff in there I see is incorrect about the '16 Edge. And no, I cannot elaborate.

Like their representation of the cognac interior color???

2j1wtau.png

vs reality:

1e2e6t.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just read on Autoblog that the 2016 Mustag will get Sync 3... but only for their higher trims.

I guess the 2016 Edge will follow through on their trims.

With that said, I hope the 2016 Edge Titanium will get Sync 3 as well.

Check first post this thread, and link to the fleet buyers guide

One thing that bothers me is that Sync 3 integrates with Siri on iPhone, but for Android you don't get Google Now, even though for iPhone, you need a stupid cable to tether your phone for Applink while Android works with wireless bluetooth