2015 Ford Edge Sport Lease

I'm looking at leasing an Edge sport for my wife. I'm baffled and frustrated at the discrepancy between dealer lease prices and ford.com. Even after getting them down to 500 above invoice plus $2000 in rebates ($1500 below invoice approx) the price is still almost $1500 different over the term of a 24 month lease. I'm also adding sales tax and approx $1000 in fees to the ford.com prices. They're still $1500 off. Are they padding the rate somewhere? Is it common for fords lease calculator to be this worthless?

Thanks

I would not go by Ford.com for lease prices. Those are only very general estimates, and yes, worthless. The dealer will have the latest residual and money factor rates. Curious as to what the sticker price is of the Sport you are looking at and the monthly payment on a 2 year lease. On an AWD 401A with $0 down and the numbers you provided, payment should be $450-$500 depending on any additional options.

MSRP $47,860, my price is $42,xxx

Payment including all taxes and fees, zero down (rebates cover fees) $617 / 24 months

I got a quote from another dealer, similar price (through Costco),

They quoted $700 /24 months

The first dealer I checked with quoted $790 / 24 months then came down to approx $700.

I know for sure two dealers are using the same residual, 67% for 24 months, no one has given me a money factor.

I figured it'd be in the range you quoted, $450 to $ 500

I would not go by Ford.com for lease prices. Those are only very general estimates, and yes, worthless. The dealer will have the latest residual and money factor rates. Curious as to what the sticker price is of the Sport you are looking at and the monthly payment on a 2 year lease. On an AWD 401A with $0 down and the numbers you provided, payment should be $450-$500 depending on any additional options.

Edited by Irishchamp

MSRP $47,860, my price is $42,xxx

Payment including all taxes and fees, zero down (rebates cover fees) $617 / 24 months

I got a quote from another dealer, similar price (through Costco),

They quoted $700 /24 months

The first dealer I checked with quoted $790 / 24 months then came down to approx $700.

I know for sure two dealers are using the same residual, 67% for 24 months, no one has given me a money factor.

I figured it'd be in the range you quoted, $450 to $ 500

Looks like the one you want has every available option. In that case I would say your payment should be no more than $500-520 with $0 down except 1st payment and taxes on rebates ($700 ish total). Check out Surburban Ford in Sterling Heights, Mi. Myself and another forum member here got ours there and they are the easiest and best to deal with. They are the #2 selling dealer in the country (sell 60-70 cars a DAY). See what kind of price they give you to get an idea of a good deal.

Thanks for the info, I sent them a message, they're awfully far from me but its worth a look I think.

Thanks again!

Looks like the one you want has every available option. In that case I would say your payment should be no more than $500-520 with $0 down except 1st payment and taxes on rebates ($700 ish total). Check out Surburban Ford in Sterling Heights, Mi. Myself and another forum member here got ours there and they are the easiest and best to deal with. They are the #2 selling dealer in the country (sell 60-70 cars a DAY). See what kind of price they give you to get an idea of a good deal.

Thanks for the info, I sent them a message, they're awfully far from me but its worth a look I think.

Thanks again!

At least you can get a ballpark idea of what a reasonable price would be, then see if a dealer near you could match it. Or buy it in Mi and either fly in to pick it up or have it shipped out to you if the price is right.

Agree. Suburban Ford is who I used (as Magnetic Said) and they are awesome to deal with.