Has anyone installed a billet grille?

I am going to tear this car apart, I swear. I got the billet grille for my Edge and my husband and I are installing it now. Well, the instructions that came with it were completely worthless. The pictures are so dark you can't see them, and the step by steps are so vague they just should have said, "You're on your own!"

The bottom 2 inserts were easy; the main top grille is making us lose our minds. The instructions say that the plastic part behind the factory chrome grille has to be reinstalled and then the billet gets bolted in above that. Well, that doesn't work. First, you can see the outline of the factory grille behind the billet - and that looks like crap. Second, it sticks out about 1/2 inch instead of being flush with the headlights and rest of the bumper.

I searched the forums and got nothing - and I have googled and searched on youtube and it's like no one on the planet has ever done a write up. *sigh*

Can anyone help me with this before I just run it off a cliff?

Thank you!

• 1 year later...