Just got the keys to my 2015 Ford Edge Titanium

kaushen79

Hey Everyone - I'm new to the forum. Just picked up my Edge on the weekend. Loving it!

Driven it around a couple days and I have had people stop to ask me about it - Love that feeling.

I got it in Tuxedo Black Metallic with the upgraded 20" Aluminum Wheels, 301A package, 3.5L V6, and the Canadian Touring Package.

I'm in Toronto, Ontario - have only seen a handful of 2015's on the road - and only one other Titanium.

Cheers,

Conrad

post-35586-0-98608500-1432735321_thumb.jpg

post-35586-0-31861500-1432735595_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! The V6 is great - trusted workhorse imo. I was really debating on the ecoboost but decided against it. My former vehicle was a MKX and I have had nothing but good experience with the V6 - I tow a boat on the regular and I wanted to have the reliability.

Thanks all. Loving the vehicle.

I just got the hitch installed yesterday - went with an aftermarket Class III hitch - I negotiated with Ford when I purchased the vehicle that I select the hitch for them to install - and surprisingly they listened. I read reviews (and heard from the sales guys) that the factory installed hitch obstructs the hand free liftgate and also requires the cutting into the bumper - the Curt Class III allows the handsfree liftgate to work and also sits under the bumper which requires no cutting.

Here are some of the pictures of the install. Don't pay too much mind to the old tongue and ball.

Curt Class III

Curt Class III

• Like 1

Good question about this after market hitch working for those with a Sport model. This could be a solution for many.

I have a Titanium with trailer tow package. It's fine for my purpose since I won't have anything heavier than a bike rack. So everyone knows, I do have Hands-Free lift gate. I can kick on either the left or right side of the receiver. (My dealer said I wouldn't get hands-free with a receiver, but he was wrong.)

Enjoy your black beauty! I wish those nicer rims came in the standard 19" tire size.

I wonder if that hitch would work with the Sport models.

Well what do you know - Just looked at the etrailer.com site and pulled up the hitches for the 2015 Edge.

Three of them say "Excluding Sport" but one of them just says Sport!

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2015_Ford_Edge.htm

The third one down - Curt Class III Hitch Receiver C13224

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Ford/Edge/2015/C13224.html?vehicleid=201533607

It could just be a typo on their site...but its worth a look for those that want to inquire.

"....I wish those nicer rims came in the standard 19" tire size."

Yes, I have to say it was worth the $500 extra to get the 20" rims. Aftermarket would have worked but would have been costly.

Congrat's on the new ride :). Just got mine a week ago. I split my time between NS and Toronto - might see you on the road sometime lol. Enjoy :)

Where abouts in Toronto - city center or the GTA?

Well what do you know - Just looked at the etrailer.com site and pulled up the hitches for the 2015 Edge.

Three of them say "Excluding Sport" but one of them just says Sport!

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2015_Ford_Edge.htm

The third one down - Curt Class III Hitch Receiver C13224

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Ford/Edge/2015/C13224.html?vehicleid=201533607

It could just be a typo on their site...but its worth a look for those that want to inquire.

Thanks for the info. For the one you linked that says it is compatible with Sport, there is a Q/A section. In there it says it has been confirmed to work with the Sport and Non-Sport models.

I will have to look around to see who installs curt hitches in my area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my Tuxedo Black Edge Titanium first part of June. Love the ride & handle of this vehicle. Been fighting with the Dealer to get the Curt hitch right. Went through the forum for proper wire harness thanks to kaushen79 for the hook up on that. Now I'm booked with a trailer place to try to sort out the power lift gate issue, the whole hitch thing has been a real pain. All the factory stuff has worked flawless really do love the vehicle will be over the moon when I get this whole hitch thing sorted out. Put in some Wheathertech laser formed mats, fit like a glove look good & protect the carpet very well. We replaced a 11 F-150 & a Escape really like the bit of extra cabin room the Edge offers & mileage isn't down much from the Escape 2.0 Ecoboost getting a steady 9.8 litres per hundred right where they say it will do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks all. Loving the vehicle.

I just got the hitch installed yesterday - went with an aftermarket Class III hitch - I negotiated with Ford when I purchased the vehicle that I select the hitch for them to install - and surprisingly they listened. I read reviews (and heard from the sales guys) that the factory installed hitch obstructs the hand free liftgate and also requires the cutting into the bumper - the Curt Class III allows the handsfree liftgate to work and also sits under the bumper which requires no cutting.

Here are some of the pictures of the install. Don't pay too much mind to the old tongue and ball.

It's my understanding that with the factory hitch towing capacity is 3,500 pounds but only 2,000 pounds with an aftermarket hitch. My previous 2 Edges (08 & 11) both had factory hitches and included with that was a larger radiator, bigger battery, larger cooling fans and a transmission oil cooler. My current 2015 Edge also has a factory hitch but no mention of these extras. By the way, the handsfree liftgate on my '15 Edge with factory hitch works fine. This was not true in earlier Edges but it appears your dealer was not up to date on his facts.