@built2prfctn

So much better afterwards. Thanks for posting.

May I ask, does your Sport have factory HID? If yes, do the high beams side of the DRL function? The owners manual states that the high beams for HID equipped Edge is the same D3S of the low beam (meaning bi-xenon with a moving shield), so this leaves the high beam side of the DRL (H15 bulb) for what? For flash-to-pass or they are always off?

Looks much improved. I hate the yellow DRL compared to the nice bright white HIDs and LED driving lights. I may have to do this myself!

Any "gotchas" with installation, or just unplug, unscrew, and reverse?

Very simple. Take rubber boot off to access bulb and just twist comes right out.

@built2prfctn

So much better afterwards. Thanks for posting.

May I ask, does your Sport have factory HID? If yes, do the high beams side of the DRL function? The owners manual states that the high beams for HID equipped Edge is the same D3S of the low beam (meaning bi-xenon with a moving shield), so this leaves the high beam side of the DRL (H15 bulb) for what? For flash-to-pass or they are always off?

Yes I do have factory HIDS I have a DS3 bulb which is both high beams and low beams. I guess the bulb just gets brighter.

No, the bulb does not get brighter. The headlight projector has a shutter plate inside that blocks a portion of the light so that you get that distinct light pattern with a sharp horizontal cutoff upper edge. When you switch to high beam, the shutter moves out of the way allowing all of the light from the bulb (actually called a capsule) to shine out the front lens producing a light pattern that is taller and more rounded without that horizontal cutoff.

Edited by TheWizard
  • Like 1

+1 to the OP for posting this. I got the same bulbs and put them in no problem. No issues, no dummy lights on the dash, no problems whatsoever. It is possible that being white vs yellow they are less visible to other drivers (defeating the purpose of DRLs to begin with), but they look a million times better. You have no idea just how yellow the stockers were until you see the comparison in person

Can non HID equipped Sports run the same bulb?

The DRLs should be the same for any Edge as they are halogens for all models

Although the Owners Manual states H15 for DRL without specifying if it's for HID or non-HID or both, but since the high & low beams are 2 different bulbs in non-HID Edges (H11 low beam & 9005 high beams, the high beam bulb is probably in the same location of the DRL/H15 of HID Edges. HID-equipped Edges have the Low/High beams in the same position (the outer portion/projector) with a moving shield to allow for both functions.

It would be better if someone with a non-HID equipped Edge could confirm the actual bulbs installed in their headlight.

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered these bulbs for my non-HID sport. My understanding from a lighting shop that the led's will not be able to produce the same brightness as the halogen brights, so it will only be a cosmetic improvement in DRL looks at the cost of not having a highbeam. Not certain if this is true. I just installed a DDM ultra canbus HID kit on Friday that I will post a full report next week. Have not had a chance to drive at night yet. Went with 35w and 5500k bulbs set up. Can't wait to see the results. Hoping the HID's work so well I won't ever need a highbeam :)