Water Leak! Help!

built2prfctn

I posted this in the other thread but will post here also. I have an appt. this Saturday to take a look. I would rather be proactive as I do not have water, yet. I will see if I can get an actual copy of the TSB and post it.

VIN: xxxxxxxxx

FSA Title: A-PILLAR WATER LEAK INSPECTION AND REPAIR

Field Service Action Number: 15B21

Be advised that this system tracks Recalls and Customer Satisfaction Programs for which vehicles are subject to repair in the United States. The information provided is subject to change and update. There may be temporary delays in update of information on this site due to a number of factors. For the latest information regarding the status of your vehicle or any recall program of Ford Motor Company, please contact your local dealership directly or the Customer Relationship Center.

A recall is an action by the Company to remedy a safety concern related to a vehicle defect or regulatory requirement. It may require that you return your vehicle to the dealer for service. If your vehicle is not affected, it may be because it was built at a different time or using a different part than the affected vehicles.

Edited by tron1974

I think this is a new TSB today because I checked my account yesterday and didn't see anything. When I called my dealer, they said they do not yet have much info on it since it is so new. I was the first to call about it. Just happy, Ford acknowledged it so I can get mine checked out. We have a ton of rain today and tomorrow but I feel if it has not leaked up to now, I am good.

In a similar situation as well ordered March 8th and built on April 22nd. Now FordEtis site shows my vin"Outstanding Field Service Actions

15B21 - A-PILLAR WATER LEAK INSPECTION AND REPAIR
My questions are should I take delievery? Has the repair been completed at the factory? Or should I just place a new order? :headscratch:

In a similar situation as well ordered March 8th and built on April 22nd. Now FordEtis site shows my vin"Outstanding Field Service Actions

My questions are should I take delievery? Has the repair been completed at the factory? Or should I just place a new order? :headscratch:

If I were you, I wouldn't take a chance with it. I'd talk to the dealer and order another one if waiting wasn't an issue.

I think there is a way for the dealer to get very detailed report regarding your vehicle from the day it was built to the day it arrived at the dealer. If any special repairs had to be made, it will be noted. I'd see if your dealer could get that information for you and show you (don't take his word). If your car is one of them sitting on the lot that got water in it from rain, then I'd tell the dealer thanks...but no thanks.

I have set it a million times. I do not trust dealers. They will say anything to get you to drive it off the lot and play stupid if things come to light later on.

The weird part is my dealer has been good in keeping me informed because originally it was to be shipped to my dealer on May 8th with a status of "In Transit" Then on May 29th fords internal system had status changed saying "In Production". I'm just glad I haven't taken delievery nor have eta when. I even escalated this to Trica. At least now the puzzle has started to come together as of why the delay.....

P.S This was a 2015 Edge Sport

The weird part is my dealer has been good in keeping me informed because originally it was to be shipped to my dealer on May 8th with a status of "In Transit" Then on May 29th fords internal system had status changed saying "In Production". I'm just glad I haven't taken delievery nor have eta when. I even escalated this to Trica. At least now the puzzle has started to come together as of why the delay.....

Well for your sake, I hope your Edge is like mine. Defect free from this leak.

I had the same thing with my Edge Sport. It had a delivery date of April 19 and then suddenly it changed to "waiting shipping". Unfortunately no one has been at all helpful for me and I have gotten the run around from Ford Customer service since I started questioning it in May! I guess I have now figured out why it has been delayed (as well as why no one will tell me when I can expect it).

Hey Folks,

Had the Edge in yesteday ... Pissed - SA tells me the the TSB is currently 'incomplete' - which says to me 'we have an idea there is a problem, but do not know thing one on how to correct it.' The tech applied some goo in the A piller seams, where the defect(s) is supposed to be according to the TSB. Just for fun, as I suspected, the electronics are now acting up. Front camera requires service, BLIS requires service, lift gate will not operate ... rear window defogger works slower than the second comming of Christ ... Not to mentions having to get the trusty shop vac out every freaking day to hoover the soggy carpets,

Might put this puppy on e-bay to the highest bidder, or gas and a match ....

Hey WingNut,

They sequested the wet wonder in a service bay while keeping me blissfully distracted. We where under a Tornado watch here in the Ottawa Valley last night, so with that, I just drove the Edge home, and left it outside for a bath, hoping that the OUTSIDE would get wet, keeping the INSIDE dry. FAIL!!!! The weather has cleared around here, so I will have a look at the band-aid they attempted to pass of as a repair today.

I am a little bit leary of ripping all the trim bits of (as rattles often accompany such actions) but will see if I can find something photogenic that is worth sharing with all.

Stay tuned for the next episode of as the carpets mold

Edited by Soggy_Edge

I wonder if dealers are now being told not to sell these affected vehicles, if they already have them sitting in inventory. I would hope so.

I am surprised that this story of production holds, delayed deliveries and leaking/damaged vehicles has not broken out of forums like this and gotten onto general auto industry blogs or regular media. Seems like a noteworthy story, given the importance of the new Edge as product for Ford, but I don't see any mention of it when I search.

I wonder if dealers are now being told not to sell these affected vehicles, if they already have them sitting in inventory. I would hope so.

I am surprised that this story of production holds, delayed deliveries and leaking/damaged vehicles has not broken out of forums like this and gotten onto general auto industry blogs or regular media. Seems like a noteworthy story, given the importance of the new Edge as product for Ford, but I don't see any mention of it when I search.

It seems the forums is the only place you'll find such talk of it given the amount on the road, the amount affected, and the amount of people who use forums.

Someone should shoot a few emails off to auto industry blogs. Ford would LOVE that LOL.

As for them telling them not to sell....no way in hell. If it isn't a safety issue, Ford nor the dealers care. They want that sale ASAP to boost their numbers. That is the shady thing about it all. Of course Ford will fix the issue on the line ASAP, but ones that may have the issue on the dealer lot won't have a hold.