2015 Edge MPG

Kevin Su

I have a 2015 Titanium V6. With every day communicate ~ 4/5 highway, 1/5 city, ~20 miles round trip, I am getting about 18 MPG - this is with very normal driving, without raving up the engine.

What MPG are you getting with your 2015 Edge? What Trim, and how are you driving it?

I have had our 2015 Edge SEL for about 3 weeks now, 60/40 highway/urban driving. Although its the 2.0 ecoboost, it has average about 24 MPG for the last 600 miles. Driving it normal, some hard accleration, and some moderate driving.

Give it some more time for the engine to break in, maybe check during a longer highway drive for a better idea of mileage.

I am ~1000 miles in. Standard urban driving idle time at traffic lights, no traffic jam. I've noticed that during Idle at traffic stops, and going up hill really use up gas with the V6 engine.

Great inputs so far. I'd love to hear more experiences / discussion on this topic.

Hi all...2.7 EB Sport here with about 2,600 miles so far. I live in a suburban area of Phoenix, and have a commute of about 90 miles per day, most of it on the freeway, at about 70 MPH average, though sometimes at 80 and sometimes dead stop, bumper to bumper. When I'm on the freeway, I try to max out the MPG gauge...like the proverbial egg under the pedal. Around town, I drive average posted speeds, and probably average 3-4 "full throttle" instances per day. (Just to merge onto the freeway of course.) Probably 50% of the time with windows up and AC on. I've tried all the way from 87 octane up to 91...the highest available around town. So far, my average is 27.2, and still climbing...maybe one tenth every other day, though the increase is slowing. (I took delivery at 8 MPG!) I'd be very pleased with 27 average given the performance.

I suspect all the gentle throttle on the freeway helps. My last car, a 1.6 EB Fusion with 6-speed manual, averaged 33.2 over 43,000 miles.

Hi Kevin,

Assuming your car has FWD not AWD , you are getting decent mpg's for the type of driving and miles you drive. 10 miles one way just barely get things warmed up. Get it broke in it will get better.

I have a 2013 SEL 3.5 FWD. I average 25-26 all around driving. On the highway I have seen 29-30 . Not very often does anyone just drive highway. I've taken a couple 2500 / 3000 mile road trips. One was from northern In. south to and through the Cumberland Mountains then over and through the Smoky Mountains then across to NC then around and down to Pensacola Fl. then back home. Averaged 26.3 mpg. I thought that was darn good considering all the Mountain driving. I see no reason why you won't get the same or better mpg's.

Larry

Northern,In

'15 SEL AWD w/3.5L V6, has about 900 miles on it now, two weeks old. Both tanks have been right at 24-1/2 mpg on 87 octane gas. Mix of rural country roads, rural Interstate, urban expressway, and some city miles. Dealer filled tank at delivery, wife refills tank, divide miles driven by gallons needed to refill tank. Same way I've figured mpg for the last 42 years.

Wife's old '03 Mercury Mountaineer AWD w/4.6L V8 averaged 18-19 mpg on the same commute.

Edited by POWERSTROKE

Larry, mine is a FWD. Hwy MPG is decent - up to 30 MPG. MPG goes down the drain during idle, and stop and go city traffic -at 13 or worse. Powerstroke has the same engine but an AWD. At less milage (900 vs mine atjust 1200), he is getting much better MPG. hmmm, what could account for the large variation here?

• 2 weeks later...

Edge Sport with 1643 miles on it. Using regular, from taking delivery on April 27, averaging 19.8 mpg. Mostly suburbia driving, one weekend trip of 300 miles. I don't necessarily take it easy accelerating from lights. The Edge wants to go. :)

That is my problem. My car for the last 5 years (and everyday I'm not in the Edge) is my Mustang. So I am used to getting up to speed real fast. So I tend to put my foot into the Edge.

That is my problem. My car for the last 5 years (and everyday I'm not in the Edge) is my Mustang. So I am used to getting up to speed real fast. So I tend to put my foot into the Edge.

My wife's 2007 Mustang red convertible is also a 6 cylinder, and also boogies. She doesn't let me drive it too often. She's afraid I'll be taken to the pokey by the boys in blue. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Avg 19.5 over two tanks

2015 2.0L AWD.

87 Octane

~500 miles

calculated by the trip gauge and at the pump.

To be honest I'm disappointed with the numbers. it's rated for 20/28 and we cannot even get 20. I know it is still low mileage and should improve over time, but I would think we should be getting better. we have a 60/40 split for hwy/city driving too.

• 2 weeks later...

I have logged ~2200 miles on my v6 Titanium. I got between 18 and 20 with the same driving condition / octane I had reported earlier. MPG seems to have improved slightly since I took delivery. The onboard computer is fairly spot on with the MPG numbers.

I was using trip-1 for long term MPG number, and trip-2 for the MPG number between refills. The two numbers tends to agree with each other (eventually), and the long term trip number tends to agree with the number from the fuel-consumption display. The numbers also agree with the 'old school' calculation of dividing the # of miles between refills, and the amount of fuel refilled.