Chipping Blue Oval

tiaquessa

Well, I had my Edge for 3 days now. It has 88 miles on it. I was washing it today, and noticed the paint on the tailgate Ford badge is chipping away. I called the dealer, and said to bring it down. Is this something that can easily be replaced?

Hi tiaquessa. :D Yes, very easily.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Geez, I don't know. I hope nothing else. BTW- I noticed that some of the chrome pieces, especially the interior, don't have that deep chrome look. It looks as though they were cheaply plated. Some pieces are: interior door handles, and the chrome trim that goes the length of the vehicle on the exterior.

Also, has anyone had trouble with the chrome finish on their 20" chrome "clad" wheels?

Geez, I don't know. I hope nothing else. BTW- I noticed that some of the chrome pieces, especially the interior, don't have that deep chrome look. It looks as though they were cheaply plated. Some pieces are: interior door handles, and the chrome trim that goes the length of the vehicle on the exterior.

Also, has anyone had trouble with the chrome finish on their 20" chrome "clad" wheels?

Hi tiaquessa. :D I have had my car, along with its "chrome clad wheels", for well over a year now. They still look as good as new. But then again, I am fanatical about keeping my car clean.

Good luck! :beerchug:

I had chrome clad rims on another car. If you don't keep them clean and live in a high salt use area (assuming you leave them on in the winter!) then you will likely begin to see problems 2-3 years down the road. In my case the chrome "behind" the spokes started coming off. Automated car washes dont really get the whole wheel clean. No problem as it was a leased vehicle but I would have been ticked if it was a purchased long term keeper.

Clean it often and properly and you wont have any problems.

As for the blue oval, they can be removed and replaced fairly easily. The various manufacturers up here make good money replacing the badges that get pried off by the local delinquints. You can buy them at the parts counter. Some mercedes owners have given up replacing the badges.